1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enough of George W's War

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Walker1, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am assuming that you are offering no responses to my questions above. By asking me to read these books, which I might do, you are deflecting attention to your lack of response to my questions. Again, please either answer my questions or I will have to assume that my questions force you to realize the folly of your thoughts.

My questions are short, direct, do not need any special research or insight to them that would require advanced or restricted knowledge.

Again, waiting for your responses to my questions.

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

No, I am not the joker. The joke is on you and millions of other deluded people. Also, I don't think in terms of comic book heros, although Bush and his supporters do. I am not being evasive. What is the point of my giving you an opinion? I am asking that you read material from a website and a book and then tell me whether you can still believe the offical version of 911. Just for a start, what caused building 7 of the WTC to collapse when it was not hit by a plane and had only minor fires that were going out? No steel and concrete buildings in history have collapsed from small fires.

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." - George W. Bush

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Be happy and content with your beliefs. When and if you want to respond to my questions - the least of which was whether or not you would let Iran acquire nuclear weapons - let me know. Until then, there is never a shortage of windmills.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Cute. Your point? Nobody every accused Bush of being an articulate public speaker. The frightening point is that the next Republican candidate can't be worse and the fact that the Democrats could not beat Bush twice leaves me little comfort in their ability to do so in '08 - especially if they run Hillary - .

At the least, Bush stood up for America instead of doing nothing - WTC '93, USS Cole, Embassy bombings x 2, Somalia, etc, etc, etc, So doing nothing is not an option.

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I believe everything you say, man, just promise you won't cry

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Only cried at watching my friends die - and not finding enough of them to bury.

Have not felt like crying since we started hitting back. Love the fact that we have at least two more years of being on the offensive - and probably more no matter who gets elected.

And thanks for proving again how void of thought the left is. Instead of addressing questions - like would you let Iran obtain nuclear weapons - you go personal - seems to be a well worn path for those who recognize that their beliefs lose in the court of critical thought.

8. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

9. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

thank you for entertaining me this afternoon, the day was dragging, got to run :lol:

10. jmccord

jmccord New Member

Like most Americans, I hate everything about this war, how we entered it (under false pretenses), how we handled it (poorly), and where its going (civil war and chaos).
    The problem behind this war, and other current, misguided, and selfish American policies goes well beyon George jr. Think "Neocon", and specifically Project New American Century. PNAC is a neoconservative think tank that presently guides our country's foreign and defense policies. They believe in using our unprecedented military might to basically rule the planet. They've been running in overdrive since 9-11 gave them an opening (conspiracy theorist's delight), and the full damage won't be known for decades. For more information on PNAC and it's foreign policy doctrine check out their website at:
    http://www.newamericancentury.org/
    you can bet Al-Qaeda has! No wonder they hate us.
    Peace-out!

11. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    GEORGE BUSH IS A LYING SACK OF SHIT

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

I notice you have no reponse at all to the collapse of WTC 7. Neither did the official 911 commission (the one Bush blocked at every step). I have no "beliefs". I do not operate on faith, but on evidence. As far as Iran goes, I would prefer a world in which no country has WMDs. I know this is not realistic, given human nature. But what are you proposing - that the US invade Iran after doing such a geat job in Iraq? And where will the money come from - do you think China and Japan will support us forever?

13. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

ohh wait, I got a solution, let's just nuke the whole planet, fast and effective way to get rid of terrorists

stay safe

14. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bush has his faults but at least he hasn't gone "nuculur." Not yet anyway. And even if his restraint hasn't been due to personal scruples so much as external political repercussions, he's still exercised restraint.

The Bush cabal has proved its moral equivalence to Hitler by waging a war of occupation against a defenseless country; to sink further to a moral level beneath that of Hitler would take considerable infamous effort. Committing wholesale, indiscriminate "nuculur" slaughter (as differentiated from Hitler's variety of targeted, wholesale slaughter on a much smaller scale) would do it.

Thus those who casually advocate just "nuking the bastards" to end an unpleasantness that hasn't even affected them directly are moral pygmies beneath the most excoriating contempt. They exhibit a brainlessness and absence of shared humanity that most homo sapiens grew out of five hundred thousand years ago. They whine at the injustice of a few thousand innocents killed in New York, yet salivate at the thought of tens of millions of innocents killed if only it were their hand on the "nuculur" button instead of the hand of that wimp Bush.

Vile and despicable as Bush is, I'm glad it's him where he is and not those who pine for a final "nuculur" bombing raid. Bush is frightening enough - the fact that there are those who make me glad Bush occupies the White House and not one of them is terrifying.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

15. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    "They" don't run candidates. Party nominations are earned through the Primary Election. In many states, the people who choose the Democratic nominee don't have to be Democrats, they can choose what party they want to vote for at the election (and Republicans...). Other states you can pick your party before the election.

The message we sent to Iran was "regardless if you have WMDs or not, we may attack you, like we did Iraq." It's believed Hussein talked tough, pretended to have weapons he didn't and kicked out the inspectors since he didn't want his arch-enemy, Iran, to know he didn't have any weapons. Doh!

Where does that leave Iran? If they have no WMDs, they can get attacked like Iraq. What is the penalty for WMDs if you get attacked regardless? The only way to avoid it is to be too strong to easily attack, like North Korea. This is a major foreign policy failure.

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I find a lot of this stuff about the "alternate" WTC destruction scenarios baffling. What evidence is there that this is true? The only thing that I could find on the site that you linked to was some argument along the lines of, "Well, it looks like what happens when you purposely implode a building, so that's must be what happened." This is ludacris. The reason it looks like what happens when you implode a building is because that's what happen when you undermine the structural integrity of a building. Implosion explosives and fires will both do that.

Is there any evidence that someone purposely destroyed any of the WTC buildings (i.e. other than the planes crashing into them)?

Otherwise, it just sounds like conspiracy theorist stuff that's likely to get other (probably valid) points ignored. Of course, there are still people out there who believe we didn't land on the Moon, so you never know. . .

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So much self hate and loathing.

It comes down to denying dangerous entities like fascism, nazism, islamsofascism the protection afforded of owning and operating a country and the rights that provides them. Also must separate Mosque from state the same way Church and state were separated. That is what is being done today.

Glad I kept you all amused today.

GBA

18. jared2

jared2 New Member

You can start here - http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

19. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Uh oh! Be careful or you'll be warned.

20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why "must" we do that? We in the US believe that a secular state is the right way to go (or, at least, many of us do), but why must we tell other countries that they must seperate religion from their government?