1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enough With the Cat Avatars

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ESanders2, Apr 28, 2007.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I thought my avatar was a cat.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Apr 29 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]432066[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, yeah, he was (he's passed away, but still). He'd join us when we'd walk my dog, Blanca (a yellow lab mix). Once Blanca was sniffing a hedge she always stopped to sniff, and Bruno snuck up behind her and POUNCE! Blanca leapt about three feet in the air, and if cats could laugh, I know Bruno would be ROFLing.

One of the first times Bruno went for a walk with us, there was another cat in a yard we were passing. Bruno and the other cat had a little Mexican standoff. Suddenly, the other cat came rushing at Bruno, who turned and ran and stopped right behind Blanca. The other cat skidded to a stop thinking "Oh crap! DOG!", and went back home.

Bruno liked to bring critters home for us, including live snakes. I wondered how he got them without being bitten to death. Once we were walking in the woods and I saw a garter snake. Bruno started playing with it, and I learned the secret - he just didn't mind being bitten (later I learned that because garter snakes' teeth are designed to keep food in and not for protection, they couldn't hurt you even if they tried. But still, I wouldn't want to test that theory out firsthand).

So yeah, Bruno was definitely a tough guy with a warped sense of humor.

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Apr 29 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]432066[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

Another tough guy - even without the shades and shotgun. :D

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KD6HDX @ Apr 28 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]431642[/snapback]</div>
    I have to agree, My sheperd and the boxer but like the taste of cats err I mean they like kitty cats.... ;)

I personally hate them as Im alergic to cats. B)

5. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Apr 30 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]432556[/snapback]</div>
    See who is inviting who for dinner http://www.spencerthelion.com/mpg/Samson%2...20Audition).MPG

:D :p

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Apr 28 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]431805[/snapback]</div>
    This was the best post I have seen in a long time. I laughed and laughed. Someone has a great sense of humor.

7. sharkmeister

sharkmeister Junior Member

Aaak! Adolf the cat. Impressive, though I suspect Genghis could take him... if not Genghis, then Attila.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Apr 28 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]431927[/snapback]</div>

8. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Apr 28 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]431811[/snapback]</div>
    Nice to see Bruno, but Trixter looks more like he was "raised on a cup of coffee." Bruno looks more like a champagne and black tie le chat.

Daniel is first, and Cairo94507 & Zapranoth both get honorable mentions for wonderful avatars.

9. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is Trixter named after the Jersey glam metal band?

Mine's name is Isabella. =) She's a very cute ragdoll, and I was very glad to get this picture of her, because it shows off her fluffy, tufted paws. She's big enough now that she doesn't fit into that box, but it doesn't stop her from trying sometimes.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 4 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]435314[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, Trixter was runt of the litter and had a twisted tail. My wife was originally going to call her Twisty which quickly mutated to Twister which then mutated into Trixter which then stuck.

While we're talking about cat name origins, here's Bruno's: A few months after Trixter passed away, her sister, GrayM (named after Graymalkin in McBeth, which then my wife said "was too big of a name for such a little cat") suddenly started wanting lots of attention. We figured she missed her sister, so we decided to get a replacement. My wife already chose the name: Brunhilda. She started saying and singing it around GrayM and our dog, Blanca, so they'd get used to hearing it. We then called the shelter and told them our story. The woman at the shelter said, "Is the cat you already have female?"

"Yes."

"Then you'll want to get a male cat, or else they'll be fighting all the time."

Go Brunhilda quickly became Brunhildo, or Bruno for short.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaming red @ May 4 2007, 12:12 AM) [snapback]435308[/snapback]</div>

Definitely true with Bruno. The "Raised by a cup of coffee" describes me (actually it describes Homsar from Homestar Runner).

11. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does this count?

12. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 4 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]435314[/snapback]</div>
    Isabella's a real beauty. Does she go limp when you pick her up?

Foo's on leave from his job as an avatar. Foo is a Grand Premier Maine Coon, which means show ribbons but no stones. Like Steve0's cat, he's had an evolving name. Breeder called him Cry Baby, so we called him CB, which evolved later to Foo Foo Kitty. (He has a really cheesy show name he won't admit to.)

Hoover is a cocker spaniel who is, well...a hoover.

Hoover and Foo like to double-team squirrels in the back yard.

13. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaming red @ May 4 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]435899[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. She dangles bonelessly in your grip. She still has attitude -- if you aggravate her she'll bite (not hard) or claw (not hard). They are an interesting breed -- very gentle, but huge! What really blew me away is that she liked my daughter who was then about 3 1/2; she would actually go up to her and be friendly with her, and accept being petted. Never seen a cat that even tolerates, much less likes, a little kid like that.