1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entering data while moving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pkauffman, Mar 22, 2006.

1. pkauffman

pkauffman New Member

When i first got my Prius (2004), there was an article about putting a button switch on one of the wires from the nav system that ran between the front seats in order to disconnect the system from the monitor that tracks car movement. The idea was to bypass the system and allow you to change navigation information while the car was moving. Does anyone remember how to do that hack?

:huh:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not the button, that there is a sequence of buttons and touches that will temporarily override the speed-related shut-down. THis method only works until you shut down the car. When you start up again, you will have to do it again.

Would that help?

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< There *IS* a "Search" function available in PriusChat. Try it.

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't do a hardware hack. Just use the override sequence on the touch screen. It takes about 7 seconds to perform and stays in effect until you turn off the car. No modification to your car required, just a sequence of touches on the touch screen.

How to enable NAV system defeat with the touchscreen

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree....and I did/wrote the article on the button b/w the seats. The touch screen hack is much easier, no wires to mess with, and the system doesn't override it as it does with the switch.

Now, the Bluetooth phone is another matter. We don't have a touch screen hack for that so if that's important you'll need to do a switch or something to get full access to that.

6. pkauffman

pkauffman New Member

Very cool. Thank you very much. I will try it tonight. What other nuggets are under there, ie GPS or Voice or others. I take it that Loading is one to avoid.

Pete

PS It is a shame that the phone functions are so poorly designed. It is hard to enter any kind of directory. What was meant by using your computer? Could i use a blue tooth computer to access and update the directory? There must be some way to load phone numbers even if Verizon does not support it. I have the AudioVox 6700 (Verizon's version).

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Avoid touching the Loading button at all costs!!!

It will try to load the DVD, which is already installed and the only way to get it right is to open the NAV system itself. The other buttons give information or reset things. Best to touch the Override only.

You can go to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius-...iles/Bluetooth/ and download the last file. It gives instructions to transfer phone numbers using a laptop with BT and Outlook Express. There's another way using a specific program and Outlook, but I don't know where that is.