1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune - Anyone have the Version other than 5.2.0 file good version?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rickster26ter, May 21, 2023.

1. rickster26ter

rickster26ter New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

I am posting to all that have an Entune download file. I have version 5.2.0, and since last I upgraded, which is probably a year or two ago, the bluetooth was always slow connecting. I would literally have to click in to bluetooth twice. I am trying to see if anybody has another version with possibly non-crappy bluetooth issues. If so, it would be tremendous help to me as well as others if you could post files from a flash drive or backup you may have. If you wanted to share it to your drive or something, I would be more than happy to reshare it for others in my situation for longer term.

After scouring the internet, I believe this would be necessarily specific to the Prius 2012, which is what I have. But I learned that Toyota used to send flash drives to update Entune. They then did updates over the app. Now the app doesn't exist. I downloaded older apk versions, but you need to login, and it looks like they destroyed that database anyways. Nowadays it seems like the only way to update your Entune system is through users like you that may have the old flash drive.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't even know what entune is. Must be some kind of Bluetooth dongle software those things are so cheap now I don't know if I'd spend my time trying to round up software for a device that no longer has support or even is in use I guess Good luck I found an innova brand scanner with a red ABS button for $39 from advance Auto pretty much reads all the good codes on the Prius that I need to be reading including the ABS . So rarely do I have to pull my CF-13 toughbook off the shelf charged with its dongle to attach tech stream to the car thank goodness.

3. Mr. F

Mr. F Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Entune is Toyota's stock operating system for the head units of model year 2012 and newer vehicles.

TIS should have all versions of the firmware archived, but I cannot confirm as I do not have a current subscription. One would likely need the Professional Diagnostic level subscription to access those files.

Edit: It seems that versions are not entirely model-specific, even though the public download page asks for those details. For instance, the 2016 Tacoma and the 2016 Prius share the same update file, which one can verify by comparing their checksums. I would try the 2014 Camry update from that page first—if the update is not applicable to the head unit it will just be ignored without any possibility of bricking.

#3 Mr. F, May 22, 2023
    Last edited: May 22, 2023
  4. rickster26ter

rickster26ter New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No luck there. As I say, I scoured the internet and that's one first places I checked. It seems like Toyota updated to some .kwi file extension that the 2012 Prius does not understand. Thanks for your input though. 2014 Camry says similar to what you have when you go to 2012 Prius - no update. Which supports my theory that they just removed all old files that used to be updated over usb. Nowadays I think it's over a new unit with sd - or other form with different ext.