1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune app Charging Stations not working

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by shebobg, Aug 10, 2021.

1. shebobg

shebobg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Help Everyone: I have a 2017 Advance Prime. Suddenly I noticed that when I click on the Charging Stations within Entune, I get this message, "Your credentials failed when accessing this feature or service. Please update your account". When I click ok, it comes up, "Communication error. Please try again". I called Entune and spoke to a tech there who told me to delete it from the car and then reinstall it....didn't work. He then told me to delete the app from my iphone and then reinstall which I did...didn't work. He then told me to bring it in to Toyota and have a tech see what the problem is. Since I had to bring the car in anyway, I had them look at it. They did an update which I also had done....didn't work. They had spoken to other techs and even to the tech at Entune and couldn't figure out why everything else was working on Entune but not Charging Stations. I was then told that Toyota is doing away with Entune in their new cars and are just going to use the Toyota App instead. This couldn't be installed in my car yet, not yet anyway if at all. They told me to just use the Toyota App on my phone to located charging stations. This defeats the purpose for spending so much money to get an Advanced model of the car and not being able to have access to this. I have had this car since 2017 and never had a problem like this. If anybody has any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it Thanks for listening to me but I'm just so frustrated.

I just noticed that the app on my phone is not acknowleding that my car is an Advanced model so the charging stations don't come up under the Entune app on my phone either. If that is the case, how do I fix it?

#1 shebobg, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just checked and mine is working. I never use it but it's working. J

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Strange situation. All of the Advanced Apps work fine on my Entune for my 2017 Advanced. So it must be something specific to the car or account or something o_O

4. BlueMagnet

BlueMagnet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Haven't used MyEntune app for awhile on my mobile - clicked on it and said it needed updating which I did. It updated to
    Toyota App - had to call customer service to input my vin since it would not recognize when I manually input info. Checked out
    Toyota App - missing lots of feature that Entune had. App wants to charge $80/yr for remote services, etc. Now I can't even
    tell out how much battery is left in my car with this useless Toyota app. Very disappointing for Toyota to do this.

5. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Remote start, some streaming music and saved destinations still work for me. But I still have an active safety connect subscription fwiw.