1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune app question

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by chundered, Sep 15, 2014.

1. chundered

chundered New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I recently bought a used Prius V three. I have yet to try the Entune app with my iPhone, though I've already paired the phone with the bluetooth. I'm tempted to try it out because I'd like Entune to be updated but the reviews for the app are pretty bad, especially with the Prius.

Should I try out the app? If I do, does it sync with the phone in anyway that I may not like and is irreversible? Anyone have any thoughts?

2. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Go ahead and try it. You most likely have to use the USB sync cable to do it though.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It can work with bluetooth if you have the hotspot enabled.

4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Entune does not sync with the phone, just uses it as a data conduit to the internet.

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There are a lot of thread that show up searching on Entune like this one; Entune Update | PriusChat
    I believe you would need to update the Entune firmware running on the head unit to version 3.2 on your used Prius v (lower case for the wagon) 3. Check out the second link in post #6 of thread above for the best instructions to update I've seen.

Then install the Entune App on your IPhone and let iTunes keep the iPhone App up to date on the phone.

I recommend that you spend some time reading up on a couple of Entune threads to find out what functions you might like and how to initially set up to use them. If you don't see any Entune functions you like then you can give the whole Entune thing a pass like most people do.

jejb likes this.
  6. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    About all I use Entune for is to add live traffic info to the nav system.

7. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I use the Entune Pandora interface almost every time I'm in our Prius. The Entune Pandora interface allows me to leave my phone in my pocket and still be able to give thumbs up or down, see album covers, artist and track information on the in-dash screen, skip songs and select Pandora stations from my personal list. Songs can be skipped by pressing a button on the steering wheel or a virtual button on the in-dash screen. I subscribe to Pandora to get it advertising-free.

Entune's Bing search is handy when you need to find a business that is too new to be in the nav system's POI database. Find the business with Bing and then send the location to the nav system by pressing a button on the screen.

Try iHeartRadio too. It's only commercial radio but there are lots of stations to choose from on the in-dash screen

Entune isn't close to perfect but I've found a lot in it to like.

ftl and Chazz8 like this.
  8. jejb

jejb Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for the link. I updated my v yesterday based on it and the process worked perfectly. It was quite a ways down level on ours, at something like 1.8.4. But it installed 3.2 from there with no issues.