1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Apps Not Working With iPhone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rorystewart, Jan 10, 2014.

1. rorystewart

rorystewart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I downloaded Entune on my iPhone 5 and created an account and registered my car. But when I click on Entune apps in my car I get an error message saying "Error connecting. Please ensure your Entune app is running on your phone."

My phone is verified connected over blutooth and I verified the Entune app is open on my phone. What am I missing?

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Entune App on the phone need to show connected.
    if U are using the DA and Nav system, U must connect your iphone to the system using USB

3. rorystewart

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wait so I can't use Entune apps with my phone connected over bluetooth? It ALWAYS has to be connected to USB?

How do I get the app on my phone to show connected? I played with all the settings and options and didn't see anything to click on...

What does DA mean?

4. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With the Display Audio (DA) with Navi system U MUST be connected over USB when U are using iphone.
    Run Entune on your Phone, plug it in and U will see the screen changing, select OK and the screen on the phone will update to show its connected.

watch video and FFWD to 2.25 to get visual help

5. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    There are two versions of the radio in a Prius PHV, one for Base model and one for Advanced. The advanced model will stream data over bluetooth from an iPhone 4S or 5.

Prius Plug-in Hybrid Base
    Display Audio with Navigation and EntuneTM

Prius Plug-in Hybrid Advanced
    Premium HDD Navigation with Entune including Plug-in Hybrid Apps and JBL

6. Au-Toe

Au-Toe Matrixowner

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've had the same problem as the og poster.
    i didnt know it needed to be plugged in via usb cable.

i guess i'll try that, but i find that rather annoying, since my phone is already working via bluetooth.

7. rorystewart

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yea no point if I have to plug in via USB. That's really annoying. But thanks for letting me know what the issue was. Faster to just do an open table or internet search on my phone than through the system anyway. Don't see the point.

8. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've had my C with Entune for just over 18 months now, and I find the only thing I use is the live traffic alerts.

9. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    if U are playing pandora/iheart then it makes sense to plugged-in.
    I also don't see the point with open table etc as its faster on the phone. then again ford has domino pizza app running on the system (the too requires u to plugin).

plugging in lets U charge the device as running streaming apps tend to drain the battery fast.
    on other system where U don't have to plugin when U do plug in apple redirects the audio over USB and if system is not looking for audio U don't get any sound! so which experience is better?