1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune automatically starts playing music from my phone every time I get in the car

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Soylent, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Read above by Air_Boss

You missed the point. If your audio source is set to Bluetooth, it will always search for your phone to play it every time you start your car. Remember. we are talking about audio source not turning off or stop playing your mp3 files in your iphone. As stated before, select an audio source - press audio button on lower left of your HU and select other sources other than Bluetooth, your entune should not play any files from your iphone.

2. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think there is a misunderstanding of terminologies here. When I say it starts playing, I'm not talking about Entune automatically connecting to my phone over Bluetooth. I understand that Entune will reconnect to my phone if that's the last audio source that was selected. I have no problem with that, in fact I want it to reconnect.

However, I don't want it to start playing when it connects to Bluetooth. If my phone is not playing anything, Entune should not start it after it connects. If I have no song paused on my phone or any playlist selected, Entune just starts playing my entire song collection from the top.

And that's not the worst of it, either. When it starts playing, and I try to press stop or pause on my phone to stop the music, Entune immediately starts it again. The screen flashes between the pause and play icons. I can press pause 10 times in a row and it will keep restarting playback. To stop this cycle I have to push the volume knob so the audio is just "off".

That can't be how it's supposed to behave.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is it possible that the smartphone player (iTunes, Zune, or the like) is still running/paused in the background, with BT radio left on? It may be that the player is triggered by the pair-up.

4. ImeanGreen

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have SG3. If I change my audio source other than Bluetooth while playing my phones mp3 files, it automatically stops my phones mp3 player. It might be some phone compatibility problems.

5. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    When I switch audio sources, it stops my phone mp3 player as well. But that isn't the issue, it's when I start the car and Bluetooth is the selected source (or I switch the source to Bluetooth), it automatically starts playing my phone mp3 player.
    It will also un-pause when I adjust the volume using the car's volume buttons.

6. ImeanGreen

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately, that is how it's programed to do. Better than what I heard and read from iphone users.