1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune, Bluetooth, and Apple Iphone 6

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ranell, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Ranell

Ranell New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Just purchased my 2016 Prius 4 Touring a week ago. On the way home from the dealer we received a text message and pushed the play button on the screen. A female voice read the message which was a surprise. I truly like this feature. Downloaded the Entune on our phone and played with that a bit asking for restaurants in town using the voice option. It was interesting but now we were getting text messages on the phone which were not coming through. Tried to check our phone settings but could not get menu settings to light up for selection on the Prius and although the phone showed as connected it was not. So after messing with the settings menu a while we finally removed Entune from our phone. Now we are getting everything through bluetooth and phone calls and text messages are showing up on our Prius screen. I have read about the problems others have had with this. It sounds like many are just using Siri and seem to be happy with that solution. Toyota needs to have their tech people resolve this issue.

2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I too had text messages read to me at first, but that feature has disappeared.

3. Ranell

Ranell New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Oh no! I wonder what is going on with this feature? Are you using Entune?

4. krmcg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    yes. Entune with a iPhone ES. Too lazy to un-connect and reconnect.

5. Ranell

Ranell New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wonder if it will work again if you remove it from your phone. But then again you may like using the features of Entune.

6. krmcg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have entune loaded and the car recognizes it - but I don't really know if I actually use entune at all...

Ranell likes this.
  7. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Removing Entune is the way to go. It is a piece of crapware.

Ranell and krmcg like this.
  8. krmcg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I deleted Entune from my phone. I unpaired my phone from the car's bluetooth. I reset both the car's stereo headset and my phone. I re-paired my phone to the car's bluetooth. Now I can see what (if anything) I will miss.

9. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have entunes on the phone, and evertime the phone connects it asks if I want to open entunes. Today I opened entunes on the phone, and the car came up with the update request. So I think we need it so you can update the car software. Hopefully car updartes will make the voice commands work. I guess there could be things I'm not using on the car / phone, but I'm good with what it's doing. And yes I'm using Suri for the voice commands.

10. stanigu

stanigu Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just use siri eyes free...just tell her "read message", and she will read the text. She'll even ask you if you want to reply, and will send it for you.

krmcg likes this.