1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Euro Style

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by macguyft, Nov 13, 2011.

1. macguyft

macguyft Environmental Wacko

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Okay…

So I just ordered a Prius v with Entune.

A few hours ago and I was sitting hear with my iPhone 4s in hand thinking to myself… Why didn’t Toyota simply develop a touch-screen so that I can mirror my iPhone to it. So instead of movie tickets and open table and whatever other lame apps Toyota decides is right for me, I would have access to thousands of apps plus my music plus my movies right in my Prius. An exact mirror of my iPhone… and the not have to learn anything new regarding another interface.

And then lo and behold, I just read that they are doing just that with the Entune Euro version. Unbelievable! Wth!

If Toyota had been working with Apple instead of Microsoft, this would have happened for everyone, simply and just as intuitively as my iPhone.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    FWIW, I think BMW is coming out or has come out with a similar feature. You plug the phone or iPod Touch into the iPod connector and it'll mimic the phone. They also have a BMW App (same for MINI) to do various vehicle functions and troubleshooting.

1 person likes this.
  3. macguyft

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info... I know I get a little emotional sometimes. But geez. Just seems like such an eloquent solution to me. I mean... Apple spent years developing the user-experience to be as simple as possible. And they did it better than anyone else. Why reinvent the wheel?

I did read somewhere that Toyota is considering "exporting" this feature to the U.S., but frankly I don't see it happening. The more they invest in their own proprietary interface, the less likely to change.

4. macguyft

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Will my Entune system be obsolete before i even take delivery of my Prius v?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Like Ford's SYNC?

I don't know. It's going pretty fast and Entune is their first attempt at it. As long as it's future-proof like they say. It's only with apps so far but I hope it's with other software updates too as long as the hardware supports it.