1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune not Available in Canada

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Drake, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Drake

Drake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I just got confirmation that Entune will NOT be available for Canadian users, even for the PiP. That means no remote charge management, no remote A/C and no charging station map. (But I think remote A/C can still be activated with the keyfob)

Do you use these features a lot with your phone? Can we live without it? I want the plug-in prius anyway but I hope these features will not be missed too much.

And do someone knows why Entune was disabled here in the first place?

Thanks!

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Entune features you mentioned are on the advanced model, but not the base, which I have. I am getting along just fine using no Entune at all. I found it to be a hassle to deal with, and nothing it offered was worth the trouble. For instance, since you have to connect your phone to Entune in order to get "traffic" why not just get it on the phone? And I found that Entune wanted to control my phone and not release it when I left the car.

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    With respect to media applications anyway, I don't have any specific information, but I suspect that it is due to licensing issues. The rights for use in the U.S. are distinct from the rights in Canada. And Canada has its own rules about a lot of such things insisting on a certain percentage of Canadian content.

4. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And I found that Entune wanted to control my phone and not release it when I left the car.[/quote]

please elaborate. I have MetroPCS 4G on an Android, I don't have any problems when I leave my car

5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ahhhh......I think I know what you mean.......Entune is still running on the phone. Unless you sign out of Entune.

6. Drake

Drake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks guys,

That is reassuring. :)