1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune not in sync

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by SR-71, Dec 22, 2017.

1. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Up until today my Entune App accurately indicated the EV mileage after approximately 5 hours of charging. But this evening I checked my App and it indicated I have 13 miles of EV charge. My first thought was perhaps I blew a house circuit breaker or perhaps the charger plug worked its way loose. After checking the Prime I found it had charged to 28.7 miles (indicated on the HUD), but my Entune App is still showing 13 miles of EV charge. Evidently my Prime and this App are not sync'ing up. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mark is working on it for us all with the IT people but it helps if you call (800) 331-4331 to report the problem. The more of us that call the quicker the problem gets moved up the feeding chain at IT.

Problem seems to have started on Dec. 18th.

Mark57 likes this.
  4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    True, when I'm on the phone with them, they'll say, "Oh, some one else called on this . . . " with a different tone on their voice. Every call helps us all.

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mark, I just got a notice that my car is finished charging. 1st time since Dec. 18th.

Mark57 likes this.
  6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got a call from Chris @ Toyota support ad they want me to test the email notification because they think that part is fixed. My batt is 100% and we'll drain it tonight @ dinner and it will charge tonight.

7. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Follow up. Besides Entune reporting 13 EV miles, vs 29 mile EV range on the HUD, I also noticed on the Entune App was indicating the car was not plugged in, even though it was. Puzzled by this I decided to take my phone near the car and press the CHARGE NOW button on the App. Within a couple of seconds the App indicated the car was plugged in and the EV mileage on Entune sync'ed up with the EV HUD reading. Oh, and my ECO Dashboard picture grew oranges on the tree and sheep now show up, which weren't there previously. I don't know what the heck happened, but obviously there was a communications breakdown. Everything seems to be communicating now. Hopefully this will continue.

#7 SR-71, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Mark57 likes this.
  8. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oh well. This morning I received an email indicating my Prius Prime failed to begin charging... while my Prime is sitting in my garage fully charged. Evidently there's still communications issues going on.

9. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yesterday, I sent a "Charge Now" request from my Android Entune App. It timed out, saying request failed, check plug. I went out to my car, and found it happily charging. The request was obviously received and honored by the car, but the acknowledgement got lost somewhere. Whatever is going on with these failed requests has nothing to do with iOS vs Android.

huskers, Mark57 and priuscatprimeguy like this.