1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune reboots after using Siri

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by wgary, Feb 4, 2018.

1. wgary

wgary Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all, advice needed -- After activating Siri, I am seeing instances where Entune reboots. It happens after Siri is finished and it should be coming back to the Entune interface. I can't find a pattern in activating Siri (steering wheel vs. Hey Siri) or what is going on in Entune, but I am usually playing music (XM, streaming or FM). I was driving an Avalon rental and the same thing happened there, which made me think there is a for-real bug!

Anyone else seen this? I couldn't find a reference when searching the forum, but maybe someone knows something... It only takes maybe 30 seconds to reboot and it happens after it has completed the command, so it could be worse. But it is irritating and further evidence (as if any were needed) that Entune is horrendous. Entune was almost a deal-breaker to buy my Prius, and while I have learned to live with it, it is one obvious negative in an otherwise great vehicle.

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
  3. Chad Bernhardt

Chad Bernhardt New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the exact same issue. I've been in for two software updates at the dealer. The last update was two weeks ago. It still reboots 75% of the time if using Siri or any voice type commands.

4. wgary

wgary Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got the software update a month ago with my last service. It seems marginally better -- but I still get a reboot now and then. This just seems crazy to me...

5. Puruisi

Puruisi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes! Still looking for a fix.

I have a 2016 Four. When I upgraded from iPhone 7 to iPhone X a few months ago, the issue began that same day and continues ever since. (I was thinking it was phone model related but it could be software related.) Not only does it reboot Entune, but it loses a few certain settings. It's pretty awful when it happens when I'm navigating somewhere, too. Anytime I accidentally trigger Siri, it seems to happen.

6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are times when Apple isn't quite the best...

7. GadgetVirtuoso

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This isn't an Apple issue, it's the crappy software that Toyota and other car makers use in their systems. This is why CarPlay and AndroidAuto are becoming so popular. I had the same issue when I first got my 2018 Prius Two. I checked the software version and I already have the latest so I'll have to wait for the next update.

If you have a flash drive you can update your head unit yourself, it only takes a few minutes.

Toyota Downloads

RCO likes this.
  8. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry if I offended you. My little Android quip was in poor taste. We're so much cheaper than you guys! :whistle:

9. GadgetVirtuoso

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'' have to try harder to offend me. :):D

RCO likes this.