1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update 3.1.0

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark_amdg, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know if the HDD menu is the same, but on the Display Audio system it is:
    Setup -> General, then scroll down and go into System Information.

The Entune version will be in the format 2.0.1, for example.

elementnomore likes this.
  2. elementnomore

elementnomore Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Thanks for the fast reply! It does seem to be different. I see Navigation and Bluetooth also a Gracenote Database update and even a Map Version 21-11-24 (2011-06-01) but NO Entune version. I am signed up online and maybe when they update the HDD I will get am email from toyota ;)

Thanks!

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    One other thing you can do is register a complaint about the unwanted autoplay with Toyota Support. That way at least they may notify you if there's an update:

Support | Toyota.com

elementnomore likes this.
  4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    For reference, here's another thread which shows current versions of the software in the Advanced PiP, which seems to be the same as in your Four:
    PIP Advanced Map Update | PriusChat

5. elementnomore

elementnomore Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks FTL

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

6. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Anyone using Android 4.1.2 without problems with Entune 2.2 (and 3.1.0)? Any reason to avoid going to Entune 3.1.0 next time I go to dealer? My wife's LG cannot go higher than OS 4.1.2. For my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1 and staying there) and my wife's LG, it would be nice to get away from Entune starting to play audio (unrequested :mad: ), which I understand going to Entune 3.1.1 eliminates that problem.

7. TonyQ

TonyQ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Toyota updated the Entune App on the Play Store to address the issue where the app crashes on Android 4.4.x.

8. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Yup I got the update last night, saves me the hassle of rooting to apply the framework fix. Now I just need to update Entune to 3.1.0. Does the system prompt me automatically for the update or is there an update menu in the settings?

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Got mine updated to 3.1.0 at the dealer. Loving it. The screen refresh is much faster and UI more responsive. It looks like the screen is now interlaced.

10. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Did you have this done alongside of routine maintenance, or did you setup an appointment separately for this? Also, was this done free of charge?

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went in for the grabby brake issue and asked for the Entune update. It turned out, brake fluid was low in the master cylinder.

Both were free of charge.

So far, no issue found with my LG G2.

12. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    No success yet on my part getting the “fast” or “5 minute” update, but I do have an appointment now.

I stopped by my local (Roseville) dealer as suggested earlier in this thread and asked for the update. The service advisor I spoke with told me it would take 2 hours and so I would have to setup an appointment to come back later.

I politely mentioned I had heard the update only takes about 5 minutes but would be fine with setting up an appointment to get this done later. The service advisor seemed a bit annoyed that I brought up the "5 minutes", so I mentioned the Prius Product Manager’s (Erica Gartsbeyn’s) post on this thread. The neighboring service advisor overheard this, then chimed in that the service manager told him that it would be 2 hours, so that’s how they had to do it.

It’s all fine by me, and I'm happy to wait for the free update. I just think how this played out in my case was a little funny, and how different the experiences have been with those who have posted on this thread.

13. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think They are thinking that it is the nav. up date which it is not, thats what my dealer thought it was!

They were really happy when they found out it was a about a five minute update, and they do get paid by Toyota for doing it!

14. playingbball20

playingbball20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Five
    Since I have entune, but a Camry, I was wondering if I could get some help. I have gone to two dealerships and I was told I had to pay for the 3.1.0 update. I am getting unknown when calling or receiving a call. I was pissed when i was reading here that it is supposed to be free. I called Toyota and they told me the same thing. Is this just a free update to Prius? I was told that all usb updates would be a charge from now on.

15. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Check post #74 in this thread and open a conversation with Erica at Toyota.

16. playingbball20

playingbball20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Five
    I did look at post #74 before I went to the first dealership then reread it a second time before I went to the second dealership.

Thanks will do.

17. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

From what I see on the web, it looks like your LG G2 runs OS 4.2.2. Hopefully my LG G Pro (E980) which cannot be upgraded past it's original OS 4.1.2 will work too. I have not upgraded her phone to the newest version of the Entune App. that I understand just came out. The Toyota site says her phone is compatible for all things except "Multimedia system will automatically reconnect following a disconnection due to loss of wireless signal." Hmmmn, if 'wireless' means loss of Bluetooth signal, that is no big deal. If 'wireless' means loss of "CELL" signal, that will be a bummer, because that happens routinely. Thanks for the report on the LG G2.

18. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dave, I have an E-980 and it works fine with entune. The app was updated a day or so ago and still works as expected.

19. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Entune was only having problems on phones that were running 4.4.

20. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    jdk2, Cool thanks for the report on E980 LG. Are you running the newest Entune version 3.1 yet? (or still 2.2)

And my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1 is not even in the game because Entune requires iOS 6 min. (and I won't risk losing my WiFi and Blue tooth on upgrading my iOS :( ) Just have to coerce my wife to let me use her phone on occasion. ;)