1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Update -Charging Station Maps

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by PRPrius, Aug 21, 2015.

1. PRPrius

PRPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't know if this change took place with yesterday's update or the last one that added Slacker radio. However, today I noticed that the Charging Station app within Entune has received a much needed update. I am now able to see charging stations outside of the CARB states. In the past if I tried using the built in charging station finder, it would show the nearest station to be in Arizona (486 miles away). I could not get any of my local stations to show up here in the DFW area. If I went on a road trip this app was useless unless I happened to be in a CARB state.

The first thing I noticed is that the list included all of the nearby stations, it also showed the charging station icons on the main navigation map screen. Driving to work I was using Entune's Pandora app and I while on the Map screen with the Audio split screen, I noticed a charging station icon on the Navigation map. I haven't had a chance to test my theory. It seems that if you are using Entune, the navigation system will display the nearby charging stations based on data it receives from Entune's Charging Station app. This is something I had not seen before while in Texas. I do not know if the icons will show up without using Entune, I intent to test that on my way home this afternoon. For now, I am just glad that we have local charging station data and that it displays the nearby charging stations icons on the Navigation screen.