1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by CharlesH, Jun 28, 2012.

1. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just got the following e-mail from Toyota. I assume that one has to be connected to the car with the Entune app to get this:

Dear Toyota Owner,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a new Toyota. We hope you are enjoying all of the great features and functions in your new vehicle, especially Toyota's revolutionary new multimedia system– Entune®!

We are very pleased to announce that your vehicle will soon be receiving an upgrade for your Entune system. This upgrade will enable voice recognition for Pandora®, iHeartRadio, OpenTable® and MovieTickets.com™ apps. This upgrade will be delivered to your vehicle "over the air", so all you will need to do is click "OK" on your navigation/audio screen when your vehicle prompts you to accept the Entune upgrade. This upgrade is being provided at no cost to you and should take less than 10 minutes to complete. (Your vehicle needs to be running, so please do this in a well-ventilated space).

Please be on the lookout for this upgrade to arrive in your vehicle on or around June 28, 2012. Thank you again for your purchase, and we hope you enjoy the new capabilities of your upgraded Entune system.

Sincerely,

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A, Inc.

2. stacey

stacey ☆☆☆☆☆

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I updated mine while out at lunch. I connected my phone to my car via bluetooth, started up the Entune app, then went into Apps on the car and the update was presented. It took much less than 10 minutes to complete.

It's kind of a pointless update for me since I don't use any of those apps or bother with the voice control. I'm still waiting for the Eco Dashboard promised for this summer.

3. samlal

samlal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Poor cousin of PiP Advanced will also receive an update ! :)

Thank you for your recent purchase of a new 2012 Toyota. We hope you are enjoying all of the great features and functions in your new vehicle, especially Toyota's revolutionary new multimedia system– Entune®!
    We are very pleased to announce that in the coming weeks, you will be receiving an upgrade for your Entune system. This upgrade will be delivered at no cost to you and will provide three new applications for your Entune equipped vehicle: iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com™ and OpenTable®. In addition, the upgrade will add voice recognition capability for all of your Entune apps, making the use of Entune easier than ever!
    This Entune upgrade will be delivered to you via US Mail on a USB memory stick (flash drive.) In case you are not familiar with these devices, a USB memory stick is a computer memory device that will be preloaded with the Entune software. You will need to follow the simple instructions that will be included with the package to complete the upgrade and the entire process should take around five minutes.
    The USB memory stick will be arriving in your mailbox in the next few weeks. It will be in an envelope that is clearly labeled "Your Entune Update is Enclosed". Please be on the lookout for it and be careful not to discard it as junk mail.
    The Entune upgrade will also be delivered to your smartphone app. You may see the new applications on your smartphone before you receive the USB memory stick in the mail. Please be aware that the new apps will not work until you have installed the upgrade from the memory stick into your vehicle's multimedia system using your Toyota's USB port.
    Thank you again for your purchase and we hope you enjoy the new capabilities of your upgraded Entune system.

4. mikenewmediary

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ha HA.... Poor cousin.
    At times I wish I upgraded, but at the end of the day, I really still love driving this car.

No regrets.... except for the LED headlights.... :p

5. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Us Base owners get a free USB stick, woo hoo!

6. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok. It's probably 1GB or less, worth a few dollars (like $2 or $3). It probably has a Toyota logo on it as well :)
    They give those put at press events with PDFs preloaded on them, it's the new style "press kit"

7. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This would be cool.. this was from the Toyota FT86/Scion FRS press kit:

[​IMG]

Here's the USB press kit from a 2012 Camry.. not diggin the cork.. but it is interesting:

[​IMG]

We'll probably get something like this if we're lucky:

[​IMG]

If we're unlucky, we'll get something like this:

[​IMG]

8. seek

seek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    But at least we can load it with music and play in the car.

9. justintime

justintime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I got the update this morning, but can't tell what is different. Didn't happen to notice anything new in the list of voice commands, nor did Pandora look any different.

10. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On the Advanced, is the update only to the car system, or is there also an app update for the phone? I don't see any anything new in the Android store; I still have 1.5.17.33709.

11. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing new in Apple Store for iPhone either...

12. COIllini1

COIllini1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

13. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mine came up yesterday, but at the time I didn't have 10 minutes to sit and let it update, so I cancelled. Today it's no longer there. I have a feeling that in the programmer's mind, pressing cancel means leave the screen and never do the update for that version. Is there a way to force an update?

14. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes on my android phone enture these showed up:
    iHeartRadio, MovieTickets, OpenTable
    I wonder what commission Toyota gets from movie tickets and Open table... ok I look at the business end of things...

15. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Give it a few days first. But, you can force an update by using Delete Personal Data. Obviously, not the best option.

16. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's what the Entune USB will look like (2GB, woo hoo!)

[​IMG]

And a video to walk you through the install:

dharm likes this.
  17. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, the option to update came up again. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the connection keeps dropping out. I don't have all day to screw around with what should be a two minute software update.

I wonder if Toyota will send their usb drive with the update to customers who ask. Or at least let us download the update and put it on a usb drive ourselves.

18. stu lb

stu lb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    At least in my case, after I did the over-the-air Entune update, the system couldn't find my iPhone, and I had to pair it again. Now it works fine.

19. DCDave

DCDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'd love to know the deal that was made to bring these particular apps to Entune. In case anyone doesn't know, iheartradio is Clear Channel's answer to Pandora. You can create your own stations, with access to a much larger library of music than Pandora. But you'll have to decide yourself which service's algorithm is better at finding music you like. iheartradio also gives you access to nearly all of the hundreds of Clear Channel radio stations across the country, some non-broadcast stations (like 24-hour Comedy) and specials like the iheartradio music festivals.

20. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Have you tried it with WiFi disabled on your phone?