1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Update

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RamesesThe2nd, Jul 25, 2015.

1. RamesesThe2nd

RamesesThe2nd 2012 Prius III - Classic Silver Mettalic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Since I upgraded to iPhone 6 last year, my Entune audio really never worked with "iPod" source. It would get stuck on loading screen most of the time. Yesterday, I decided to take the car (2012 Prius III) to dealership to see if they have an update for Entune and apparently my Entune system was way behind, so they decided to upgrade it to the latest version, BUT half way through the update the install process froze and they couldn't quite finish it. The result is that my car is now stuck in "System Update" mode and I can't use anything in infortainment system except FM radio and CD. They called Entune support, but couldn't figure out a solution. Ultimately, they ordered me a new "Radio"; I am not sure what this means, but I will go back there next week to get my system fixed.

I found some entune upgrade link on this site and I was going to just download and try it myself. I work in IT and I thought how hard could it be. I am so glad I didn't. Luckily, the car is still under warranty and I didn't break the system, so it is between dealer and Toyota at this point.

TLDR: Entune update bricked my system. If you are having problems with your entune system, take it to your dealership. Don't try to upgrade it yourself.

#1 RamesesThe2nd, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. zzrguy

zzrguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Man I miss points and condenser and 8 tracks.

3. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Is there a way to find out what version of Entune I have? How do we get notified of new versions?

4. RamesesThe2nd

RamesesThe2nd 2012 Prius III - Classic Silver Mettalic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am not sure. I didn't check mine. I just took it to dealer and they told me I was way behind.