1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entunes connection problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jwlbel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. striker308

striker308 Three time Prius owner

Evans, NY (USA) / South Williamsport, PA (USA)
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having all the same issues with an Android. None of the entune functions work via bluetooth except playing music off my phone (rezound). I don't have a pandora, open table account. only once have I gotten bing to work and three times the weather has worked for like a min then dropped the bluetooth connection and the resulting error popup.
    the phone contacts are all triplicates (exchange, two google accounts) the phone locks up and either won't come back from sleep mode or rings until you take the battery out. I've tried deleting the pairing and repairing but I keep getting the same issues.
    the Nav works at least and the satilite and radio work, this entune was a waste of money. Grrrrrrrr:mad:

2. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well this doesn't sound any better than when I left town. Does anyone know if Toyota is working on the software? I couldn't imagine them giving up. I was hoping it would be fixed when I got back in town. No fun driving the car around listening to a FM radio :(

Mike

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sick of Entune. It's the most unreliable piece of electronic crap I have ever owned. Why can't they take lessons from manufactures like Kenwood or Alpine? My 32GB USB drive is basically useless because the system doesn't read basic computer file structure (every aftermarket unit reads it fine) and the Internet connection is so spotty that I often drive 30miles or more before it decides to work. They try to make the system safe and fairly hands free but they'll end up spending half your trip screwing around with your phone turning Bluetooth and the Entune App on and off. It's ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like putting my fist through the screen!

There. I feel better now. :)

striker308 and WE0H like this.
  4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    An awesome car with a shitty bug laden audio/Nav system :(

Mike

F8L likes this.
  5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh and the damn thing defaults to USB every time you start the car instead of playing whatever was on when you turned the car off. Grrrrrrrrrrr

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was driving a rental RAV4 for the past 3 weeks and it's audio system would do that default to USB even though I was playing Pandora on my phone before I stopped. The software engineers must think that is what the consumer wants...ha ha ha... Not

Mike

7. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It is amazing that many of us have problems, but within those there are different problems. Hard to see correlation.

And then at the height of frustration, it will work fine for a week.

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As fine as it works fine on the weeks I can drive my car :) BTW I drove ~3800 miles in the rental while I was on the road :) My Prius still has 600 sumthin miles on it though :)

Mike