1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error code P0351 etc

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by paolo.rapana, Oct 30, 2020.

1. tacopyro

tacopyro Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have a picture of the part where he cleaned from oxidation? Thank You.

2. paolo.rapana

paolo.rapana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    no I'm sorry but I know that he disassembled the front bumper and worked there

tacopyro likes this.
  3. tacopyro

tacopyro Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    update: i finished rebuilding the engine. was able to start after i temporarily fixed the HV Battery (different issue, P0A80, P lock malfunction). in my case, the main issue was PO using unmarked non toyota ignition coils. coil 1 was cracked open. not sure if coil 1 being dead caused the rest to throw a code. I was able to procure a used set of Genuine ignition coils and car started normally. I was able to restart it multiple times after.

paolo.rapana likes this.
  4. paolo.rapana

paolo.rapana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    An update ... unfortunately the problem returned
    I brought the car back from the electrician but he was no longer able to find the solution
    I took the car with the tow truck to the Toyota workshop (different from the first dealership) and after 2 days they called me saying they had found the cause of the problem

These are 2 wires that start from the connection of the engine control unit and branch out throughout the engine compartment: most likely they are not well shielded and touching each other caused the car to go haywire.

Finding exactly where the 2 wires touched would have cost me too much so we replaced the engine system

Cost 2500 euros and it is now about 2 months and 3000 km that the car has not shown any suffering

I can confidently say that the problem has been solved

Greetings

5. Iulian

Iulian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello, I have similar problem with my Prius, it's still working yours ? I want to check the 2 wires and I need to know If everything is still ok with your car. Thank you

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you are having P0351/P0352/P0353/P0354 codes, it might be fastest to just go ahead and start troubleshooting those using the procedure in the repair manual.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

There are different ways they can be caused, and the important thing is to find and fix what's causing it in your car, whether or not it's the same wiring damage that caused it in somebody else's.