1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error code p2616

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Algalfi, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Algalfi

Algalfi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Have error code 2616, which refers to the camshaft position sensor. Can not verify where they are on Google. I think know but not exactly sure. Does any have a picture or the Hayes repair manual to show me if I'm right?
    2012 Prius C

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How long till the code comes back after you clear it?

3. Algalfi

Algalfi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    after 3rd time driving, about ten miles. took off connectors on 1 sensor and computer look clean-like new!

4. Algalfi

Algalfi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

5. Algalfi

Algalfi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Fixed, hopefully. Driving home from a short trip, Check Hybrid System. Pull over immediately come on. After reading many probable causes, I started out with the most simple cheapest fixes. I took out 12v battery and charged it even though the battery was only about 6 months old. The problem was, since my and my wife are retired, we hardly use the Prius. So driving it once every 2 weeks for short trips is not enough! After charging 12v battery the car has been fine, it's been 3 now and no errors.

Attached Files:

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you bought a 12v Optima / yellow top battery it'd be wise to dig out your reciept and return it as defective. They make garbage batteries and have no quality control. Going two weeks without driving won't be an issue with almost every other 12v you can buy.