1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error codes P0300-P0304 After fill up while tanker truck was refueling station

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by David G Hansen, Apr 3, 2023.

1. David G Hansen

David G Hansen New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My son borrowed my 2004 Prius and refueled the car while a tanker truck was refilling the station tanks. Now I have multiple error codes leading me to believe he got contaminated fuel. I suspect the tank will need to be drained and injectors cleaned or replaced. I have around 260K miles on the car and last fall replaced the hybrid battery pack with Nexcells. I am a “backyard” mechanic. Are my assumptions correct and must the tank be drained and cleaned? What of the in-line fuel filter? Any suggestions?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    idk if there is a connection or not. how many miles on her?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    one possibility:

watch

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Safely raise and support the back of the car. Disconnect the (lower?) fuel line connection at the right side front corner of the fuel tank.

Use a glass jar to collect a fuel sample from the tank (ideally you have a capable scantool that can bidirectionally command the pump on) - (or remove the rear seat base and connect 12V power and ground direct to the fuel pump terminals per the factory wiring diagram). See if any contaminates settle out - water is pretty obvious.

Does the car misfire constantly? What scantool are you using? (Can it show misfire data?). What are short and long term fuel trims doing?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.