1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error Codes P3006 P3125 and C1259

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Chase Sandoval, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Chase Sandoval

Chase Sandoval New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi I am having all of these errors on my 2003 Toyota Prius can anyone help me I have a very limited amout of funds and am hoping someone can help me.

2. Chase Sandoval

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    So I replaced the secondary battery and the car starts up just fine. But I get the triangle indicator and the car will only run on the engine. The hydro battery does not charge up. I have gone to the Auto store and had the codes reset the car will only run without the codes for a couple of minutes without reappearing I am beyond frustrated I have also checked the inverter pump and it seems to be working PLEASE HELP...

3. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Step 1: Try not to panic!
    Step 2: Can you get any sub codes (detailed info)?
    Step 3: Be prepared for bad news. It sounds like potentially a bad inverter and/or probably a bad hybrid battery.

4. Chase Sandoval

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I will try and get it down to Toyota to get other codes the other thing is it does let the hybrid battery charge for a limited amount of time after I reset the issue by turning the car off and on then the battery will drain incredibly fast and not use any of its juice to power the car. Are there any other options for getting a new hybrid battery that are not as expensive like replacing cells or anything I can do to save $?

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    P3006 is a pretty specific code about uneven state of charge among the battery modules. It might be alleviated for a while by individually recharging the modules to the same SoC to balance the battery, though it is likely there are capacity losses with some of the modules, which would cause them to start diverging again, and eventually re-trigger the same code.

P3125 is a grab bag of 78 different possibilities with their own individual subcodes, so reading the subcodes would be helpful there.

C1259 is nothing but an 'echo' code; it is set in the brake computer when the hybrid computer has told it there is a problem elsewhere. It will be clearable and not come back, as soon as the actual problem elsewhere is resolved.

-Chap

6. Chase Sandoval

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    So would you have any suggestions as far as replacing the main battery at a low cost I am determining whether this is worth fixing or just getting a new vehicle.