1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error Message & Dash warning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kish1212, Oct 16, 2017.

1. kish1212

kish1212 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Friends,

Since this morning i got a problem with my Prius. I was driving in almost flat and straight road at around 80km/hr when i accelerated more to reach 130km/hr when suddenly an error message appear on my dashboard and 4 warning lights (yellow) was lit.

Unfortunately the Error Message is in Japanese and i don't understand Japanese but i am attaching a photo.

The four warning lights that lit up are (all yellow lights):
    (1) Malfunction Indicator Lamp
    (2) Brake System Warning Light
    (3) Slip Indicator
    (4) Warning Light

Also i have noticed that the hybrid battery indicator arrow flow does not indicate any flow direction and the ICE does not stop at all. Engine keeps running and does not smart stop. Apart this the ECO mode has disapear and when changing into other modes (EV, ECO, Normal, Power) nothing happens. I have also observed that the hybrid battery is charging and discharging but no arrow shows the flow of energy.

After that i turn off the engine and re switch on then the error message reappear again and only 2 warning lights light up:
    (1) Malfunction Indicator Lamp
    (2) Warning Light

I have tried to turn off and on several times but the error message and 2 warning lights keeps light light up and the energy monitor does not show any arrow and the engine keeps running.

This is the first time i got this problem. I should be grateful if someone could help?
    Thanks

My Prius details:
    Prius 3, 2010, Japan, 160000kms

Attached Files:

#1 kish1212, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017