1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error on radio/cd dashboard

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Renot2020, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Renot2020

Renot2020 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

Recently bought a 2013 Toyota Aqua. I’m getting an error message pop-up on the radio/CD touch screen however it’s in Japanese - the entire manual is in Japanese. The car still drives fine. The error pops up whenever I turn on the car and start driving. Tried researching it - I’ve tried translating it but without a basic idea of what it’s saying and little knowledge of hybrid car systems I am at a complete loss.

Attached Files:

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is the car working ok otherwise?

Any symptoms?

In general diagnostic error codes are numbers with a letter, so there's no issue with the language barrier.

So the goal in this situation is to find out what those error codes are so you can find out what needs to be fixed rather than having to take a couple years of Japanese classes at your local college. There's a couple different techniques for retrieving these error codes.

IS this something you want to do on your own? Or do you want to take it to an auto parts store or local mechanic?

3. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    PriusCamper likes this.