1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ESS COLOR 7 -ELECTRONIC SHIFT SWITCH for 2013 Stage 10

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Karasmyth, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Karasmyth

Karasmyth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    FedEx dropped on of these off ESS COLOR 7 -ELECTRONIC SHIFT SWITCH for 2009-2013 TOYOTA PRIUS.
    Does anyone have tips for the installation? Leaving on a trip across the NY Thruway but want to use this over the next week.
    Thank you PS I am totally new to the thread, sub forums etc. I do apologize in advance if this is misplaced. Feedback good or bad is appreciated. Are there sponsors for Newbz?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    ESS COLOR 7 -ELECTRONIC SHIFT SWITCH for 2009-2013 TOYOTA PRIUS ??
    Google doesn't find a match tho............

3. Karasmyth

Karasmyth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Made by a group Stage 10in Cali. This one is pricy due to being Black and a choice of 7 colors for the back light.
    It was an error on my part to order it that way. $199.00 for the standard and this is upcharged $10 for being black and then more for the 7 colors and shipping is added to. Shipping was not clear until after you put in payment info but that's cool I used my credit card. My debit or Paypal were too low to allow that price, no use to return it. Christmas after all :whistle:

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Still, you haven't answer appropriately what it is and what does it do :censored:

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Kara, installation is plug and play:

Stage 10 Electronic Shifter available now | PriusChat

Hardest part is probably taking the interior trim pieces off to access the shifter.

SCH-I535

It is a push button replacement for the OEM Shifter in the Prius. The OEM Shifter uses electronic contacts, not mechanical shifting, so some people find the push buttons more refined and aesthetically pleasing instead of a shift knob sticking up from the console.

SCH-I535

6. Karasmyth

Karasmyth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After seeing the You Tube installation video confidence was no barrier. An actual short classic butter knife on the bottom left was easy to pull it loose and just continued on around to the left. came right off exactly as shown and it would have been 10 no more. Oops the 12mm nuts came loose and I had to walk ALL the way back to the cottage to get a telescoping mmagnet. A nut on the lower side dropped in a little opening. Suggestion to put painters tape to cover those caves.
    Pulled the shifter up and out feed the wire through, reattach the plugs, the three clips hold it perfectly. No code and the literature he sent did not mention pulling a battery cable. Dandy mod imho. No mention of how we can get to the color options. Stage 10 has nice marketing.
    He was following the FedEx tracking I guess and sent an email offer up any help at all, thank you, they want to maintain all A+ reviews etc.
    Seamless intergration the matte black goes well and the Prius pic is adorable. Had to put it in before we took the trip tonight.

Attached Files:

xliderider likes this.
  7. Karasmyth

Karasmyth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Eight days and 600 miles later and I do like his mod more than I thought I would. The fact that the stick is missing and the uncluttered look and feel should not be discounted. Would love to know if the "7 Color" option means the colored merry go round on the boot mode or as shown online there is a few more goodies for that $30 +/-