1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Estimated value of Prius C hatchback after collision

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Mark Braxton, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Mark Braxton

Mark Braxton New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can get an estimate of what it was worth before, but in order to get an estimate of how much it is worth after an accident, you need something in writing from an appraiser--the Toyota dealer already told me they won't give me a trade-in value (the insurer would need in writing that that the lower value is due to the accident). So you need an appraising company. Here's a good article about what to do to claim diminished value after an accident: How to make a diminished value claim - NASDAQ.com

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Carmax runs carfax. They will see the accident.

3. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Insurance can suck sometimes. My 04 got hit a year ago and insurance said it was going to be 2k in damages. ended up being almost 6k when it was all said and done. The car had been rearranged twice and sideswiped once. Was glad to get rid of it for 6k when it was all said and done. I would worry about metal fatigue and rust in the back

4. Mark Braxton

Mark Braxton New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It took about four months, but I finally got a settlement from the driver-at-fault's insurance company. With the help of Collision Claim Associates, I was able to negotiate a settlement for diminished value of more than $4,000. I also got an estimate from CarMax that showed the loss in addition to Collision Claim's appraiser, but what really helped me get the claim settled was Collision Claim Associates' suggested letters and ways to respond to the insurance company's low-ball offer. I won't sell the 2013 car now that it's worth about 12 grand, but will drive it until the car is paid off!

minkus likes this.