1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

European Volt/Ampera already has 7000 confirmed orders

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by GrumpyCabbie, Mar 22, 2012.

1. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes. But there was already talk of not refunding the transport cost for people with solarpanels. :eek:
    When you look at what is in those 25ct per kWh, there's BTW (VAT/tax), transportcost, tax over transportcost, bare energy price, special energy tax, etc.

Last time I tried to read an energy bill, I was flabbergasted by the multitude of costs and taxes they manage to shove in that quarter...

Take the capacity tax for instance (which is on the energy bill, but NOT in this quarter): if you have 1x35 or 3x25A 230V~connection, you pay 250euro/year, if you have 3x35 (which you would probably want for a Tesla) you pay 500euro/year. Many people who invested heavily in earth-warmth-pumps need this 3x35A and are screwed out of an EXTRA 250 euro a year this way.
    This capacity tax used to be in the kWh price (hence people with solarpanels would get it back when feeding into the grid, about 4ct/kWh), but they managed to make this a fixed cost. Screwing people with solarpanels (trying to save money and make this world a better place) and those with earth-warmth-pumps (trying to save money and make this world a better place). You could almost detect a pattern here where people with a heart for the environment who made huge investments are screwed out of their money.:mad:

I'm not bitter at all...:D

:focus:

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow. In what many consider environmentally unfriendly texas, you get a 30% tax credit for a earth -warmth-pump (geothermal heat pump) for residential. In austin if you buy a ev, the utility and federal government buys you the charger and you get a lower electric rate. Solar gets a 50% tax credit. All the citie's public L2 chargers run completely on renewable. You are definitely getting screwed by your government.

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I thought the UK was bad but if you invest in solar PV you get paid about £1,000 (depends on the sytem) a year, guaranteed for 25 years indexed linked just for having it.

I know Holland was an oil Country. Has that oil run out now? Is that why you're now getting taxed to death?

4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you do now that a lot of american's and other people with moeny have a postofficebox in amsterdam just for tax
    you pay a lot of taxt but if you have a lot of money you can also get back a lot of tax...
    so middle class is worst off in the NL and the lower class where the higher class gets all the money
    ooo where did i here about that to ;-)

5. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Some oil, but mainly gas, we had the biggest gasbubble in Europe. And it's over half empty but still lots left.
    Another gripe I have with my government: they sell it off to abroad and to their own inhabitants. Who basically own it, but pay full price for it, even more than full price since it is linked to the oil price. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we pay more for it than e.g. our German neighbours, even though it is 'our' gas...
    And unlike e.g. Norway, who invest their oilprofits into a more stable future for generations to come, our governments (from left to right) simply spend the money the moment they get it.

As for Solarpanels: the incentive in Holland is so abysmal, that I do not want to have ANYTHING to do with it (the first 300W of your system is useless as you have that much mandatory costs for meter-rent, yearly registration costs, payment of the company that tracks how much kWh you generate, etc. ). I bought secondhand panels (2 weeks old), a secondhand inverter and feed it back through my reversing meter.

Ahhhh, it feels good to vent. But once more: :focus: :D

6. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :D
    10.0004$ per US gallon.:cheer2:

(Assuming the most pricy fuel station and an exchangerate of 1€=1.315$)

Luckily I fuelled up the 68 l. tank of the Volvo with 71 l. of diesel last week (99.00€, 130$), but the Prius is almost empty :eek:

:focus:

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Go get a Nissan Leaf. Try Ireland, they're doing a great discount at the moment (or were). I understand it is a legal requirement that they sell the car in LHD for you.

The only good thing about high fuel is that the roads are much quieter. :confused: