1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured EV and plug-in chart

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Which ones; commercial or personal?

The glider loop hole, which allowed a company to put an old, pre-emission control engine into a new truck, was to be closed, but that got cancelled.

Coal rolling needs stricter enforcement.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Agreed, why not all? But I suspect commercial remains alive longer

3. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Much longer, which is why I'm not concerned with updating the old personal trucks. There isn't that many of them, and costs will force them off the road in time.

For commercial trucks, you'll need to vote;)

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If it’s on the ballot, I’m all over it!

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just got back from Costco and a sticker on one of the cars parked next to me:

Will Vote for a Functioning Adult

:):ROFLMAO::LOL::):ROFLMAO::LOL:

ny_rob, Trollbait and bisco like this.
  6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, instead of just calling you stupid it would of been more accurate to call you outrageously gullible...

And when it comes to alternative energy the only alternatives that matter are nuclear, natural gas and diesel, right? These and only these "alternatives" are totally safe and will solve all our problems right? I mean who needs solar and wind anyways?

Or who even needs to talk about EV and hybrid vehicles on a forum dedicated to it when your screen name is @Trollbait and you insist on using your shameless bumbling misguidance as a hammer to dismiss any/all points made that actually relate to the thread or the basis upon which this entire site exists.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On the main forums page, you will find a forum for ‘diesels’:eek:

Trollbait and Raytheeagle like this.
  8. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Oh, I strongly support wind and solar. I am just enough of a realist to admit they aren't an 100% solution at this time. Getting the grid powered by just them would require massive overbuilding, or diverting batteries away from other things, like plug in cars. Until costs, material supplies, and production out puts come into a better line up, natural gas and nuclear are far better than coal. Shifting natural gas to partial renewables is possible for the future.

Diesel is in a similar boat. Like natural gas, it can be made renewably from excess renewable electric, water, and CO2, and done so more efficiently than gasoline. Hybrids are still ICE vehicles that get all their energy from a fossil fuel, and the potential renewable replacements aren't straight drop in compatiable to gasoline fueled engines.

I want more BEV choices, but like solar and wind, they aren't a 100% solution. The Prius came out over 20 years ago, and there still isn't a competitive hybrid truck available. The ones that tried cost too much and had reduced payload and tow ratings than the ICE models.
    I've only dismissed your strawman coal roller.