1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV charged by perpetual motor

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by priussoris, Jul 31, 2007.

1. priussoris

priussoris New Member

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What's the point to this post? I hope it's humor and not information.

Tom

3. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 31 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]488141[/snapback]</div> Nothing like this has ever been validated. Usually, the inventors give some excuse like "its beyond current science." Unfortunately, until one of these inventors actually comes up with something that gets validated, they have nothing. Also, IMHO, their oft excuse that the patent office will not give them a patent on the technology is poor, too. Patents do not guarantee that a device works. If their device works, IMHO, they should produce the device and sell it to the public. People would pay money for a device like this if it worked.

4. jewelerdave

jewelerdave New Member

WOW, this reminds me of a friend of mine who in an engineering class had a girl ask the question about perpetual motion...she asked the professor, "I just dont understand why they can make a machine that just keeps going"

God that was painful....uggg

5. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

It's nothing perpetual, magical or new about this, it's simply a "battery" that uses a rotating flywheel to store energy instead of chemical bonds between atoms. The energy still comes from a wall outlet or other traditional source. The concept has been tried and tested before, there is an article on Green Car Congress that talks about how it could be useful in a hybrid car.

Because a flywheel can capture energy much faster than a battery, it can 'recharge' quickly, allowing more energy from braking to be captured and more power to be drawn when accelerating rapidly. The downside: to hold a lot of energy would require a very large and heavy flywheel spinning at an incredible speed.