1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Charging Station Question

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by d3star, Jan 17, 2019.

1. d3star

d3star New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi all,
    I'm a newbie and couldn't find any info online. I live in the Bay Area where a bunch of tech companies have free ev charging. I was wondering if I can use those if I'm not an employee there??

Thanks in advanced!

2. EyePrime

EyePrime Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I would just call them and politely ask if you could use them, Also on the plugshare app it tells u if their private(Only for employes) or public.

Here in ottawa, we have silicon valley north but most of the chargers cost money unless ur an emplyee

bisco likes this.
  3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    At least with ChargePoint charging stations, the station can be made effectively private by either

1) Put the charging station in a place that only employees can get to, like a parking garage with restricted access.
    2) Have the charging station programmed to accept only certain ChargePoint accounts.

As far as ChargePoint is concerned, the ones in the first category are "public"; they have no way to know that access to the station itself is restricted.

EyePrime likes this.