1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ev, eco, pwr

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Hy-Bird, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh ic. Yeah the 10mph limit is very very annoying. I much prefer our 2G EV Drive Mode parameters. It's also finicky about engine temp. Unless I've been driving continuously for at least 30 mins in above 0°C temps, it always give me "EV Mode Not Available"

2. Holmesman

Holmesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You're right, but I've discovered some differences between pressing the EV button and letting the car go into EV automatically.

When you press EV, there are certain limitations. You cannot drive above 25 miles per hour. However, from a stop, you can press the accelerator further down without going out of EV. As long as you stay within the ECO area of the graph, the car will stay in EV mode.

When the car automatically selects EV, you can go up to 45 miles per hour before the car goes back to normal mode. Also, from a stop, if the bar goes into the second half of the graph, the car will drop out of EV.

I prefer the automatic EV since, when accelerating gradually, I don't have to worry about exceeding 25 miles per hour.