1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode Cumulative Miles 2018 Prius Prime Plugin

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Roger1045, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Roger1045

Roger1045 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is there any way to tell the total cumulative miles driven in the EV only mode or total cumulative miles driven using the gasoline engine. Since I only have 6000 miles total on the odometer and I have not bought any gasoline since October 2019 I am just curious. Since this over teched vehicle keeps track of everything else I would think knowing this would be beneficial not only to the owner but to Toyota. But then it has GPS but can't automatically change the dashboard clock to Daylight savings time. It also has a hundred or so lights, numbers, maps two speedometers etc blinking and beeping but won't display album art from your MP3 files because it does not want to distract you. (It will display the art but you have to engage the parking brake so you have to stop to view it,). Don't get me wrong, I love my Prius and seldom have a daily commute of more than 15 or 20 miles and it is the perfect car for my needs. I just sometimes wonder how the engineers decide on what we need and what we don't.

MMBH likes this.
  2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Prime Advanced displays Album Art from songs I stream via Amazon Music. FWIW. That said I stream mostly songs I uploaded years ago before Amazon pulled the plug on that ability.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's in the secret place for toyota eyes only.

if you want to keep track, reset a trip meter and don't disconnect the 12v

4. Roger1045

Roger1045 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just thought it would be nice to have a cumulative record sort of like boats and planes that record hours instead of miles. Would be interesting when it gets to 100,000 miles to see just how much the gasoline engine was used vs electric only,

MMBH likes this.
  5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I short, NO. But you can get a good estimate from one of the data shown on your dash, that is if you did not reset the EV Consumption record. And if you have kept a record of electricity used from the wall for that duration.

You can read more in this thread: What is your miles/kWh (total average electricity consumption) on the "Drive Monitor 2" | PriusChat
    upload_2020-2-18_11-33-3.png

6. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are just interested in finding out electric motor driven vs gasoline engine driven, then it is shown as "EV Driving Ratio" on the Drive Monitor. Again, this is cumulative only if you have never reset the Electric Consumption data or have never disconnected 12V battery assuming this will reset the value. Remember that the "EV ratio" is for strictly electric motor driven vs gasoline engine driven, it is not the ratio of EV mode vs HV mode. This ratio includes EV drive under HV MODE (or EV AUTO MODE) as EV.

It will also show the time driven, but this value get meaningless after it reaches 99 hours. However, the EV Driving Ratio, I believe is based on distance rather than time.

DM1.png

#6 Salamander_King, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree. That’s why I track mine and use pencil and paper :cool:

8. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Plus or minus 1,000 miles with 50,000 on the clock, and plus or minus 2,000 miles with 100,000 on the clock.