1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode dash light does exist

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ultimate4g63, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ultimate4g63

ultimate4g63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm not sure if this is common knowledge (forgive me if it is because I've so far only read that it doesn't exist on our side of the planet) but I have found the EV Mode dash light. It doesn't light up (I don't have any aftermarket EV mode options installed) but it's certainly there. I took a picture of it this morning. By the way, I own a 2008 Canadian model.

[​IMG]

For some reason, I had always looked for it to the right of the speedometer, how I missed it on the left each time is beyond me.

So is this the EV Mode dash light that everyone wants? Is it common knowledge that everyone already has this, but there is no light behind it?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check out my post here. http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-m...merican-electric-vehicle-indicator-light.html

The solder pads are there but the components are not. I tried to "recreate" the circuit on a breadboard but failed to get anything to work. Either something else is missing like hardware or software or I just did not make my circuit correctly. Also the Prius sold in the US does not even have the EV image in the dash.

3. ultimate4g63

ultimate4g63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Ahh...I gotcha.