1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV mode not functioning as it used to

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stripedshrimp, Jun 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Stripedshrimp

Stripedshrimp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Recently noticed EV mode not turning on as much, Intermittently(some trips it would happen some trips not).

I checked the power display screen and noticed that when this happened I could be stopped in drive but the engine would be idling and no power going to the battery or the wheels.

No AC or heater running. Even if the battery was almost full and I was coasting down a hill, the engine would still be idling. I am not noticing the battery fan on excessively, or not at all really. No DTC's.
    We just bought this car with 112,000 MI on it in March. It now has 118,000. My girlfriend drives it and she's getting about 57 miles per gallon average mostly highway.
    While I've owned the car I have replaced the oil filter housing bracket, engine coolant, inverter coolant, inverter coolant water pump, spark plugs and the accelerator pedal. My next goal is to replace the PCV valve and clean out the intake.

If the engine did turn off at a stop, It would start out in EV mode; then once I accelerate and the ice turns on, it doesn't seem to want to shut off (unable to pulse and glide).

Also I noticed that sometimes when I come to a stop the ice will turn off and then turn on again for a second and then turn back off.

I'm thinking this could be a glitch in the computer system? Planning on having it seen by a Toyota dealership soon.
    I realize this topic has been covered in Old threads but I decided to start a new one because it's been a few years.
    Curious if anyone has had these symptoms and if anyone has found a solution to this problem. thanks for your input!