1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ev Mode Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by TheParadox66b, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 30 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]279568[/snapback]</div>
    That's not ours. You can tell it's RHD because of the arrangment of the warning lights and other indicators.

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I think Darrell's confused. That's my dashboard - a British 2005.

3. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skinny @ Jul 1 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]279958[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I did this for my 2006 Prius. It is a lot simpler than it looks.
    1 Remove two screws from your steering wheel.
    2 Slide down the bottom plastic around your steering wheel column.
    3 Remove and open up the flasher connector to remove two unused pins and the purple wire.
    4 Put electric tape over the purple wire pin.
    5 Install recovered pins onto each end of a six foot long, 20 or 22 gauge wire with solder.
    6 Insert one pin into hole 27 on plug H 14.
    7 Fish wire behind dash using a elongated wire hanger to the searing wheel area.
    8 Insert other end of wire into the slot where you took the purple wire from.
    9 Close every thing back up and drive.

Test one with a four or more bars on your battery indicator pull back your flasher and then drive. The ICE should not kick in until about 34 mph.

Test two driving above 35 mph pull back the flasher and center screen should say something like "Cannot enter EV mode now." That way you can feel good in the knowledge that all the EV programming is in the car already. If not you wouldn't get the car telling you anything about it.

4. psibill

psibill Junior Member

Prakash:

I recently did the Coaste Etech EV mode, and I say it's worth it.

Do remember that EV only range is really limited, so don't expect it to turn you Prius into an electric car.

But it is fun when leaving the driveway, pulling away from friends, and parking lots.

:rolleyes:

5. Aussie56

Aussie56 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ Jun 28 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]278253[/snapback]</div>
    On the Australian model, there is no beep when pressing EV. There is the rapid 3-beep when it comes out of EV and the petrol engine cuts in. The EV Light (That looks like a blue Prius ) comes on as per Tideline's picture.

If it is unable to change to EV, you get a message on the main screen that says something like "Unable to change to EV Mode at this time".

I very rarely use EV, because when it comes off EV, the petrol engine automatically kicks in to charge the battery.