1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV percentage rating in a Prius v (lowercase v)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nysebear, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Nysebear

Nysebear New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have just bought a Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) 2015 and I love it. I was just wondering about the EV percentage rating you see after you have completed your drive. Is the higher the percentage better or lower? I am assuming a higher rating would be better but I cannot find any literature about which rating is better for limiting the petrol usage of the car. Thanks in advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a good question. i did not realize that toyota was including that data on their new cars. generally speaking, driving in ev is bad for mpg's, because the ice is less efficient for recharging the battery, than it is for driving. there are a few instances where ev is beneficial, such as before you reach a long down hill which will recharge the battery through regeneration.

i guess you will have to start comparing your ev % to your mpg's with each drive and tank.

3. Nysebear

Nysebear New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Bisco ... just learning all I can about the new car. It is wonderful to drive, would already recommend them to anyone and that is only after one weekend of owning one.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interestingly, someone just started a thread, wondering what their ev/hv percentage was. we don't seem to have that gauge over here. the guesses were 20/80.