1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Evan Fusco is quoted in this month's Kiplinger's!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by storm petrol, Mar 26, 2007.

1. storm petrol

storm petrol Member

44 degrees, 42 minutes North; 73 degrees, 29 minu
    Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't have the mag in front of me so I can't provide chapter and verse. However, he is quoted in a cover article that is headed up as being on ways to save money, I believe.

Talking about, guess what? Hybrid cars!

Congratulations, Evan.

storm petrol

2. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Way to go Dr Fusco. Could you attach you paper to this forum? It you be nice if you could share it with us. Thanks.

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's a link to the article: http://www.kiplingers.com/magazine/archive...7/04/taxes.html

Here's just a small little tease about our resident doc mod:

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting stuff. That helped me understand why, given a higher than usual income I was still able to claim the full credit for my '06. It was really because I owed a LOT and the AMT didn't apply :D

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wondered when that would come out online. We got an advanced copy of the hard-copy version of that edition.

I don't think the article is of great value, esp. b/c it's coming out at a time where noone can really change their plans to affect anything.

But, I want to say that I wasn't really familiar with Kiplingers magazine and, of course, the author of the article either. She called me at home after soliciting interested parties at Priusonline and getting my e-mail. We chatted for probably 20 minutes and she was very personable. She promised me a copy of the magazine since I'd never seen it...it came within days. She also promised me a copy of the article when it came out...got an advanced copy.

We also find the magazine to be quite good...my wife is the 'money person' in our house and really reads Money Magazine and a few others. The articles are timely, readable, the recommended stocks include suggested purchase price ranges (something Money doesn't do).

Finally it turned out we were going to be skiing in Colorado at the same time and she made a fantastic resteraunt recommendation for me (Basil's in Vail)!

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 26 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]412658[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet Basil has been a favorite of mine for about twenty years. I normally stay at the Sitzmark, right next door.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 26 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]412723[/snapback]</div>
    Really outstanding food...was very impressed. It was worth the trip from Dillon...we have a time-share we stay in there when we ski at Copper.