1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Evaporator core change gone wrong.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Browntown, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Browntown

Browntown New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Removed my dash to replace the evaporator core and heater core. After reinstalling everything and hooking the 12v battery back up the car has power. The headlights, interior lights and brake lights work along with the door ajar symbol comes on the dash. When I insert key and press button nothing happens. The key won't lock in the receptical either. I know this is very vague but any starting points would be appreciated. I also changed compressor. I didn't know if there is a breaker or something for the hv battery that I may have tripped. The power button and the backlight on so does the receptical. The fob will lock and unlock the doors. Just trying to get a handle on this. Thanks!

SM-G781V ?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    you need 12 volts to make the car ready, or at least to get trouble lights, so i would start with the battery, connections, fuses and wiring.

is the dash back together? i hope something wasn't left disconnected

#2 bisco, Aug 24, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    ydpplqbd and PriusCamper like this.
  3. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Even the dealers screw this up. Mine came back with the tire pressure warning light on. I had to take it back, yet again, so that they could plug in the TPMS connector.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    +1 to bisco

I have forgotten to plug in things when putting the dash back together. Double check the key dock and power button connectors (and the shifter while you're there). Make sure they are fully "clicked" in place.

If that's all good, then check if any fuses in either the underdash or underhood fuse boxes are blown (esp the AM2 fuse).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Browntown

Browntown New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The dash is back together. Took a few things back out. To check connections. Shifter, key receptical, park button and power button are all good. Where is the am2 fuse I haven't seen it listed on any of the fuse boxes? Something in here isn't communicating I noticed I can turn the steering wheel and it won't lock up at any point. Don't know if that tells you anything...

SM-G781V ?