1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Even more petty complaint -- Cupholders

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mjw, Nov 11, 2005.

1. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OriginalGT @ Jun 22 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]275320[/snapback]</div>
    AMEN!!!!

Well, the only exception to that is if I'm on a long road trip and need something crunchy to help keep me awake. Then I allow myself chips in the car, but I get one chip out of bag at a time, using only my thumb and index finger, and I have hand wipes nearby. Anal-retentive obsessive-compulsives of the world unite! (But don't touch me--your hands aren't clean...)

2. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inventor00 @ Jan 12 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]188502[/snapback]</div>

I seldom have mugs that are ill shaped for the cupholders, but I'm a soda person more than coffee. A soda can rattles like a diamondback in those cupholders. The stuff that inventor00 mentioned was just the ticket for me. I just cut out a piece that fits the bottom of both cupholders, and a wrap piece for the rear one. I kept the wrap seperate from the bottom piece so I could take that part out if a drink was a little to wide. I used double-stick tape on the bottom of the front one so it could fold up with the holder. Worked like a charm. No more rattles.

Be advised, though. The cupholder is not of uniform diameter from top to bottom. Be prepared for a few messed up tries if you go for the wrap piece.

3. jtullos

jtullos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OriginalGT @ Jun 22 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]275320[/snapback]</div>
    My wife and I usually only have water (which we try to keep several bottles in the car just in case). We'll eat in the car at Sonic, and occasionally other fast food (though eating fast food at all is somewhat rare for us) if we're in a rush, but that's about it. And neither of us drinks coffee, though we do both drink tea and the travel mugs we have fit just fine. Our old car has cup holders, but they can't fit a small bottle of water.