1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ever been to a Gentleman's Club before?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by celicasupra, Jun 30, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, I go frequently

5.9%
  2. Yeah, I went once or twice

67.6%
  3. No, that's disgusting

17.6%
  4. No, but I want to go check one out eventually

8.8%
  1. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is FHOP, so there's no need for even a remote connection.

I, like jhinton have been exactly once, and it was my bachelor party. Also, it was in Salt Lake City, where nudity is not allowed, so the women wore g-strings and pasties. Also, you aren't allowed to hand money directly to the dancers there, and you can only give them $1 bills. So you'd have to set the bill down on the bar/stage for them to pick up...

The drinks, on the other hand, were better than average for SLC: because of strange alcohol zoning laws, a club has to be "private" to sell full-strength alcohol. Regular bars in SLC are required to serve watered-down beer.

In college I had a friend who worked as an "exotic dancer." Not a stripper actually, she danced in a bikini. She made a lot of money doing it, and from her perspective, it's not the women who are sad and disgusting, it's the "regulars," especially the ones who think they could as easily get a date w/ a certain girl if only the club would allow it. She was pretty OK with the whole exhibitionism thing, but she still didn't like having friends/acquaintances from school in the club.

For me it's the same as any fetish/fantasy you choose to nurture: If you ignore the icky parts, then yeah, maybe it's a turn-on... in reality, it's just some women getting paid to take off their clothes.

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not sure exactly what you mean. If you mean a strip club with male and female dancers, I know that Olympic Garden in Las Vegas has male strippers upstairs and female strippers downstairs.

If you mean a nightclub with female impersonators, excuse me, Gender Illusionists, there is Asia SF in San Francisco.

AsiaSF

If you mean a strip club with transgender strippers, sorry, can't help you there. Gotta go, I think I just made myself throw up in my mouth.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Considering the topic at hand and the fact that I'm at work, I'm not going to click that link... you might consider adding a "NSFW" label if the content is what I think it is... :rolleyes:

Also another little warning: the poll allows you to see who voted for what option, so if you don't want anyone to know your *dirty* secret, don't vote. ;)

4. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What secrets? Aren't we just close PC family here who share all? :peep:

5. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Click away, the link is at most PG rated (not even PG-13). It's a restaurant (well-reviewed, by legitimate publications), bar, and nightclub, which just happens to use female impersonators for staff.

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    When you said "Gentlemen's Clubs" I thought you meant like the Playboy Club that used to be in Boston. Classy but very expensive. Nice souvenirs.

If you mean the strip clubs on Rte 1 they're just dark places for guys that are bored it seemed. Used to be a place called the Green Apple that used to have male strippers on Thurs. nights that I went to once years ago. We had a blast that night watching the female impersonators that performed first.

Wouldn't mind going to see the Chippendales some day.

7. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ha, I was a little surprised to see that you can see who voted for what in the polls, and if they knew that before voting or not. Zhe Wiz, rep308 any comments?

8. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WHOA! i read this thread and i said................gotta see the juicy descriptions............but it turned out to be veryyyyyyyy docile indeed.

anyways, to keep this nice and clean, watch your wallet, watch your mind and NOOOOOOOOO, you can't ever get them on a date......................well at least that's what the general concensus says.........hehehehehehehehe

i stopped going when they ending full contact lap dances. after that, it wasn't worth it!

9. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm not very in tune with the subject of the thread but it is in FHOP so anything goes and it doesn't have to be about the Prius, but thanks for trying to keep things about the Prius. :)

10. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I answered the survey with "No, thats disgusting" because a plain old "No" wasn't an option and it was better than "No, but I want to go sometime."

11. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I noticed that you didn't vote. Can we put you down for "Yes, frequently" ? :evil:

12. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ha! I laughed so hard when I read this. I didn't vote because none of the answers were right for me. I don't know if I have the heart to call them "disgusting", but I know I have no desire to check one out.

Considering that I have my own boobs and "other bits" (in keeping with the PG-13 theme) to look at (I'm female), I can't say that I have ever gone to a Gentleman's Club. I'm not sure how I feel about them, I find it generally degrading to women, but at the same time I know it is their choice to "work" there. I can only imagine that they feel creepy. Maybe this is because women's minds work so differently, but I know I would definitely not be aroused by naked men in a public situation, no matter how much they "shake it". No thank you!

13. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  14. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  15. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ha, what does that mean!

16. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It means I made the first comment about not voting to get a reaction. It worked. :evil: :D

17. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Entering this post I'm presented with a poll, I don't read the small print but look over the given suggested answers.

Without voting, I'm thinking "Gosh, what fun it would be if I could actually see who voted for what..."
    Mouse moves over to click the View Poll Results and.....
    Voila.....PAYDIRT!!
    BWAHAHAHAHA........
    All the dirty details and desires lying right before my bulging eyes...
    (rubs hands evilly together)

SO......

[gruffly]
    LINE UP AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR, ALL YOU UNDERSATISFIED DROOLING SEX FIENDS...
    No....this isn't a robbery, it's a BLACKMAILING..!!

Unless you pay up and pay REAL GOOD, I've got the names, faces and your dirty desires on paper here and I'm going straight to your wife, partner, significant other with the horrid details. Oh yeah....this one is for real, I'm gonna smoke you like a cheap cigar unless you hand over the cash.

If you don't want your wife/partner/significant other finding out about your nasty deeds or wanna-be deeds, then simply electronic transfer the cash to my computer by simply opening up the CD tray, hold your wallet upside down over it and shake, once full, close the door and hit send over my name.

Thank you for your cooperation, it's been great working with ya.

ZC1

18. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I didn't vote because there wasn't an option of:

"Yes, I find it disgusting, and I go frequently"

19. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I selected No but I want to eventually because I've never been to one but I am not against them either. I would go if I was invited with a group of my friends. When all my wife's friends found out that I've never been a few years ago they all tried to set up a night for me to go with their group of girls, but I passed. Why women go to watch other women I do not know.

20. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm actually typing this from my Blackberry in a strip club.

Gotta go!