1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ever changing P30... codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Beammeupscotti, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Beammeupscotti

Beammeupscotti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright guys, I need some help again. So 2 years ago I was on here because I got the dreaded HV battery fail code (P0A80). Fortunately, I took apart the battery (carefully!), measured all the cells, found one that was much lower, and swapped it out. It fixed the issue and my prius ran perfect for two whole years and 20k more miles.

However.....recently ive been having issue with it again. First I got the P0A80 code, so I took it apart, measure all the cells and found one that was a little bit low (like .10 lower) than the rest. Since I ordered a cell, i just swapped the lowest one out with a new one.

Problem seemed to go away for like a week....then I got a P3012 code. I know that indicated which cell block is weak. So I took it apart again (I really hate the damn bolts in the back seats) and measure all the cell again. All the cells seem to have no issues and they are all very stable. I reset the code, drove it around, got another error, this time P3024. I kept repeating the reset code, drive and check process and EVERY time I get a different P30____ code. I tried replacing the wiring harness, and cleaning the terminals but at this point i am out of ideas of what could be wrong.

Any suggestions?

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You need to load test the modules to actually get some meaningful info about them.

Can you watch/record the block voltages live? Then you would have a better idea.

It could be that things are out of balance. Build/buy a charger/discharger.

Sounds like you got a brand new wire frame? That's good. The voltage sense wires can crack corrode.

Check the pins at the hv battery computer as well. Make sure there isn't any corrosion there.