1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ever Talk To A Stubborn Pro-SUV'er?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by petsounds75, May 8, 2006.

1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "No, I don't like wasting my time. The people around here who drive SUVs are like smokers. That is, they know that what they're doing is a bad habit that they need to kick so I don't get much grief from them, if at all."

JackDodge, I like that way of thinking.

My problem isn't with people who drive SUVs. What gets me is how some SUV owners quote bad information about why they bought one.

If people would just admit that's it's a PREFERENCE, that would be fine. Just don't make up reasons why you bought one. How can you argue with someone's preference?

2. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I work with quite a few single military people who own large trucks or SUVs simply because that's what they want to drive. For the most part, their justification for owning one doesn't make sense, other than "It's what they want to drive." I'd like to drive a Porsche, but I can't justify $25,000 for a used Boxster, plus $50 to fill it up every time simply for te driving pleasure of owning one.

I'm going to agree with the detached feeling as well....reticulated ball steering and mushy suspension combined with a high roll center is not my idea of safety.

The Prius is almost a perfect solution for me, except for maybe an Insight. I'm single and don't carry large quantities of anything, but the Insight was a tad to extreme and lacked any cargo capacity.