1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Every used car I have bought has a headlight problem '04

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by terramir, Oct 6, 2016.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ok, now that my battery is halfways sound time to get to work on other things
    my prius has halogens, although I got the foglight switch, and this thing is otherwise fully loaded.
    i.e. side air bags, Nav
    grill and fog lights are missing whoever fixed up the prius after it was salvaged cheaped out.
    so instead of hid it has halogens. poorly aimed to boot there are two dots on the road about 12 ft in front of me. and well forget seeing potholes, shit if I wasn't driving on LA freeways I'd be in trouble.
    is there anyway to retrofit these with LED's and a level sensor i.e auto aiming very bright LED's dun wanna blind anyone ;-)? preferably cheap, I dun mind doing the work myself.

terramir

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just clean the headlights. Halogen was probably standard equipment on the car, not hid

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just check that bulbs are installed correctly. Or better than that install good bulbs. Then aim the headlights correctly.

4. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yup, follow the headlight housing adjustment procedure & polish them and you should be fine. Then decide if you want to add HIDs or not.

5. Pubrica

Pubrica Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Additionaly, every connection mast have good contact which means spring on back of bulb(HID) etc. Make more pressure on spring with bending little bit when R/R of them. This way secure bulb more than before(prevent vibration). hope this helps