1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

evolution vs creation vs Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Apr 6, 2006.

1. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Apr 13 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]239181[/snapback]</div>
    Is this more "PC" for you: :D
    The last thing I want to do is offend anyone, as I don't have a racist/prejudiced bone in my body. But, you will note that I never said "Jews hate Catholics", just "Catholicism". Its quite one thing to hate a bad act or bad doctrine, and quite another to hate the one practicing it. I don't hate homosexuals, but I hate the homosexual acts, etc. God doesn't hate bad people, but he detests their bad practices.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Apr 16 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]240514[/snapback]</div>

Perfect!.... Murdering is different from killing.... one depicts taking the life of one who is innocent and undeserving, the other word "kill" does not.

3. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]240951[/snapback]</div>
    His example proves how much distortion there is in-between translations, hebrew-greek-latin-english.

As far as the kill vs murder goes to me they mean almost the same except that one can't murder bacteria or an idea, but certainly can kill it. One still may or may not mitigate the action of killing either of a another human being or any other living organism. As far languages goes; living and archaic, semantics differences present more chaos that one can imagine. If one adds the concepts of law to those terms than it's even more chaotic to find common grounds. In other words using a word 'executing', 'terminating' instead of killing or murdering etc.

I love when one describes dead person as "Collateral Damage". The dead that are stripped of human dignity!

kill

v. To put to death.

n. The act of killing / the act of terminating a life

murder

n. unlawful killing of one human by another (laws do change ever since laws have been instituted)

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 17 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]240968[/snapback]</div>

Keyword being "unlawful".... So I guess its according to whose law your are subject to as to how the definition is applied.

In our local land, we make the laws, dealing with morality, God makes the laws.

5. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 15 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]240318[/snapback]</div>
    This kills me. Why would a "god" care that some fragment of animated dust (us) respect it? Most important, by what conceit does a fragment of animated dust pretend to know what some "god" asks or wants?

Someday, probably within a few decades, a biologist will finally create a live organism from raw molecules in his test tube. I can say with some assurance that the biologist will not lose much sleep worrying whether the new creature respects him. The very notion is profoundly inane.

Speaking of respect ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 15 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]240318[/snapback]</div>
    Here you couldn't be more wrong.

This is what the Hitlers, Stalins, Husseins and George Bushes depend on: blind allegience to the office they occupy. But according a villain respect merely because he happens to occupy an office is almost as criminal as the crimes he commits. Don't confuse the person with the office; they are not the same.

So were I suddenly put face to face with the criminal currently occupying (and tarnising) the presidential office, I would express the deepest contempt I could muster without making the secret service excited: turn my back on the bastard and walk away without acknowledging his presence or saying a word.

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Apr 17 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]241066[/snapback]</div>
    I can only assume what he mean't was that we honor God for who He is.

The reason God cares about whether we asknowledge Him is because he has chosen to set his affection upon us.

It bothers you when you love someone and they don't even acknoledge you, especially if your deserving because you provide for them and care for them and watch out for them and provide the life that flows in thier veins and hold thier whole world together.... sounds like a Father eh?

If you are a Father, how would it make you feel if your child had no interest to acknowledge or love you back when you hold thier whole world together?

When he said..
    , I'm guessing it was along those lines.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 17 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]240944[/snapback]</div>
    It is quite obvious that you are not a student of the history of anti-Semitism. False accusations, such as yours, have been regularly used over the years to justify persecution of Jews.

8. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]240995[/snapback]</div>
    windstrings,

Different Gods, different laws.

People on this planet embrace many Gods, and those divinities have spoken or speak to many via variety of different interpretations, actions and manifestations. Many people on this planet may have a problem with YOUR PARTICULAR interpretations, that's my point and I'm not presenting this as my own questioning of your statements, more likely I'm repeating others, either from the previous posts or gathered from other avenues of human interactions or communications.

Again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, simply I'd like to rid of the plausible questions for clearer understanding of your statements and so on.

You may continue, please :)

9. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

1 John

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Since you must have time to have light.
    And Jesus being the Word of God.
    Its easy to see time as we know it was started when "Jesus said Let there be light"

10. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Apr 17 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]241066[/snapback]</div>
    Very observant again airportkid :)

I'd like to add:

The obedience and respect to the LEADERS who execute (murder), terminate (kill), exploit with or without Gods permission!

Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir is getting quite a lot obedience and respect while annihilating and exterminating hundred of thousands of people now, yesterday, today this second as I type. And will tomorrow, next week and perhaps next month.

But visiting diplomats shake his hand and multinational business people are only worrying about possible embargo that may infringe on their profits.

I guess this genocide is ok, as it's pertaining "those people down there", "over there", "somewhere else"

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 17 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]241084[/snapback]</div>

Your right... there are many entities, or even made up entities that are worshipped in some form or fashion.

People even worship figures or stone and or wood and don't know why.
    Some worship the sun, or a mountain......
    In Gods eyes, they are called "false" or as imitating the real... you cannot have more than one GOD, or one has to acknowledge the other is greater and creator.

The definition ""God" does not mean ruler, it means "Creator... the origin of.....a non-created entity or being"

So by those definitions, God is jealous of those who try to imitate him and claim the glory themselves.

The Bible speaks of how as to not offend a supposed God they may have missed, they even erected an alter to "the unknown" God as to not offend him too.... The God I speak of is that Unknown God.
    Today he is known, but back then he wasn't known by that particular crowd.

To my knowledge, there is only one God that tremble when his name is mentioned, the others are pawns.

Once you see diseases dispelled, or hangups and bondages that have hung on for years hopelessly strangling life and familiy the psychologists can't even understand, "let alone do anything about" , and/or Demons removed, you will appreciate that name.

The others are fakes and mirages..... until you've had contact with the real, the fake is the best you got so you don't know better.

12. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]241119[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for admitting it, like you said to your knowledge. I'm also confronting people from other religions who present the same exact humble admittance of singular existence of God, but theirs not yours!
    Miracles have been documented in many religions, many as hoax and many scientifically unexplainable.
    How do you explain the claims of miracles in other faiths than yours? Surly other believers attribute them to their own God not yours.

Lastly where is the proof of God's trembling while one is mentioning his name? Did Jesus said that? As I'm not to familiar with any Bible, can you quote, please :)

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 17 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]241138[/snapback]</div>

The God of this world trembles... The Devil.. prince and power of the air.
    (Eph 2:2 KJV) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

(James 2:19 KJV) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Sounds like you don't even believe there is one God... can you at least admit that if there is not "one" God, then there cannot be any... which makes no sense either?

(Isa 44:6 KJV) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

(Isa 44:7 KJV) And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them.

(Isa 44:8 KJV) Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

I hope you plan in advance to decide which God you cry out to when you breath your last breath... you sound a bit confused at the moment.... B)

14. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]241146[/snapback]</div>
    You connote wrong noesis and EXTREMELY hasten judgement on my beliefs, if you're trying to pass a concurrence on my perception of God vis-a-vis these few lousy posts than I'm scared of you, brother!

You have no way of knowing where I have been through my life and what experiences I have gathered so far and lastly no clue where I'm going but you instigate a CONFUSION on my part???? I've not decided to quote the words of any given holly scripture for a given reason. I question you how lovingly and graciously you seem to place yourself on higher pedestal and perhaps in your mind closer to God. How do you know if Almighty touched you more frequently then me, are you guessing?

Peace :)

15. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]241072[/snapback]</div>
    Depends on the quality of "look out for." I don't think the surviving victims of the tsunami, Katrina, 9/11, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the WWII holocaust, the most recently afflicted by cancer, emphysema, AIDS and other diseases, attempted homicide, spouse abuse, to mention only a tiny tiny tiny fraction of all the victims of serious misfortune across the ages and falling victim by the thousands every minute as we speak, will look to some "protecting" "god" with much respect or warmth or thanks.

If "god" is upset that Joe Sixpack, recently diagnosed with inoperable fatal liver cancer two weeks after his only daughter was drowned in a boating accident a month after his wife was killed by a tornado, doesn't feel like reciprocating "god's" love, "god" can go &%$(& himself.

Persoanlly, I don't want "god's" protection. It's far too dangerous. I'll watch out for myself, thank you, by getting as much education as I can and applying science, not wishful thinking, to my life's conduct.

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 17 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]241168[/snapback]</div>
    I am not judgeing you, but your words... you are making arguements stirring doubt and confusion by mixing all angles without regard for sound sense.
    The reason you are doing this is yours, but the fruits of your actions is what will judge you.

If what I say about your responses have no merit, then don't let them bother you... otherwise my words judge you.

If you believe in one God, then say so, if you don't, then why act like you do?

That sounds confusing to me... you are enjoying the debate rather than actually expressing interest and trying to recieve something you don't already know..

Base on my responses to your statements, Ill let you be the judge as to whether I hear correctly.
    I cannot judge you.. your right, I don't know you, but I listen to other input besides my own that does know you.
    If I hear wrong,... thats my fault and I aplogize and I acknowledge I am subject to error.. if I hear right... then why fight what I say?

Based on the angle of your words and questions, I have been where your at.. have you been where I'm at?

To say something doesn't exist is always chancy because you don't know what you don't know.

But I say the other Gods are false and I will stand face to face with any of them and/or thier represenatives and challenge thier power against the real God.

Devil worshippers are usually very insecure fearful people that hide behind a hideous mask to protect themselves from the true things they fear.

You have been very unclear as to which side you stand... I give you the chance to clarify.

(Mat 12:28 KJV) But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    (Mat 12:29 KJV) Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
    (Mat 12:30 KJV) He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

(Luke 11:23 KJV) He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Don't let someone else judge you... judge yourself.. are you scattering or gathering?

17. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]241183[/snapback]</div>
    But I say your god and all gods are false, delusions, crap. And I'll stand face to face with your god and challenge his power. He has until 12 AM, PDT, then I'm going to bed. And no fair sending nightmares, it has to be face to face.

18. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

What, no response to my question? Why? Too hard? Couldn't find a quote in your Bible???
    You justify the war in Iraq and state we need to nuke Iran because your Bible says so, God says so??? You are SICK! I fear you more than any terrorist!

19. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 17 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]241183[/snapback]</div>

You toss people as evil simply by non-allegiance to your cognition of God over and over.

Always demeaning all from other kin, the kin that doesn't recognize your TRUE AND ONLY GOD.

It's irrelevant what name I embrace for Creator and in no way you can PAINT me as EVIL because I don't acknowledge your interpretation.

You want a logo, a label, a sticker, identifying word for God, just so you can inflict more crusading HATRED toward me!

You're far from presenting yourself as loving and compassionate, you may want to check the dictionary for reassessment of the meaning.

Your posts (WORDS) are cruel, radical, racist, fascist, HATING all non American, non CONSERVATiVE thinkers (your brand), HATING any one who questions GW, IS THAT WHAT JESUS WOULD DO??????

Jesus embraced all infidels, and especially the disadvataged, you seem to condemn them!

Keep preaching HATE :blink:

Please, crucify me as in your mind I deserve it :(

20. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

Galatians 1

1-2From: Paul the missionary and all the other Christians here.

To: The churches of Galatia.

I was not called to be a missionary by any group or agency. My call is from Jesus Christ himself and from God the Father who raised him from the dead. 3May peace and blessing be yours from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 4He died for our sins just as God our Father planned, and rescued us from this evil world in which we live. 5All glory to God through all the ages of eternity. Amen.

6I am amazed that you are turning away so soon from God who, in his love and mercy, invited you to share the eternal life he gives through Christ; you are already following a different “way to heaven,†which really doesn’t go to heaven at all. 7For there is no other way than the one we showed you; you are being fooled by those who twist and change the truth concerning Christ.