1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

excited but nervous about new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Jul 8, 2006.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 8 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]283155[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome. Don't buy the accessories with the car. The Parts Dept. at my dealer offers a 15% discount after the sale. The plastic rear bumper guard seems useful. I found that the Prius' controls and displays to be the best positioned compared to my other cars. When it was brand new I just reached out and found what I wanted--no searching the dash. I like that the displays are high and farther away and that there isn't anything to look down for. Watch your speed. The car is quiet even at higher speeds. Inflate the tires to 42psi front/40psi rear for better mpg. Your may have to set all the interior lights and door locks to your taste. If the car is delivered with everything turned off it will be very dark.

Bottom line--just sit back and enjoy the ride.

2. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As mentioned, it's probably a good idea to turn off the display the first day or two. You don't want the display to distract you till you get the feel of things.

3. harper42

harper42 Member

Just to "finish" this post, from my viewpoint: I've had my 2006 Prius for about 5 months now, and absolutely love it. It was amazing to discover all the little things Toyota had thought of.... little ergonomic dents on the back of the turn signal handle, holder for the foldable back floor, etc. During the summer, I was really watching that screen, trying to get top mpg. I think my best was about 51, but along came colder weather and snow tires, and now I'm "Just Driving It." This is the first car that both my husband and I have agreed upon. We like its comfort, ease of handling, smooth ride, pickup.... I'll not be satisfied with anything but a Prius now. I'm anxious to see the improvements in the 2008 mode.