1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Excited to graduate to a 3rd gen Prius 4!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MrSteveB, Aug 1, 2017.

1. MrSteveB

MrSteveB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you would have asked me about 4 years ago if I'd ever drive a Prius I probably would have laughed at you. Why would a mid 20s guy ever drive one of those things? Fast forward a couple months and I was driving 110 miles a day between college and my internship. For the first time in my life I started seeing Prius' and getting a tinge of jealousy. My Dodge Intrepid at the time was averaging around 20mpg, maybe 22 if I babied it. I specifically remember one time at a stop light looking over and seeing straight into this ladies car who had a 2nd gen. I was like hmmm, I could see myself in that. That week I hesitantly bought an 07 and prepared myself for the ridicule from my friends with their GTO's, Trucks, SRT's, GTP's, and Vettes. It came just as I was expecting it, but my ridiculously low insurance, opposite of cop magnet car, and awesome MPGs I felt good with my purchase. Fast forward about 3 years later to this week. My 07 is starting to develop some costly problems after nearly 100k put on it so it's time to upgrade. Put an offer in on a 2012 Prius 4 yesterday and the seller accepted. I'm really excited to get it on Friday. I think this is a great looking car for a hybrid and the black on black look is great too (once I remove those silver hubcaps). I'll be putting on a 35% tint since that's legal here in Denver. The last picture is what the car will look like, however it's not this car. Prius1.JPG Prius 2.JPG Prius3.JPG Prius4.JPG

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. 4est

4est Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Excel
    We have a joke about American cars: a hummer is waiting and waiting for the gas tank to fill up. After a while someone yells from the back : turn off the engine! :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gorgeous! Congratulations, and all the best! (y)

MrSteveB and CNYhybrid like this.