1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exercise, Eat right ~ then go straight to the Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hill, Jun 22, 2008.

1. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: Exercize, Eat right ~ then go straignt to the Hospital

Look at the bright side.... this was something that could be passed, even though it caused you much pain and discomfort. The alternative of your diet long past would have been a similar clot, though more invisible and insidious, and had it passed or moved into your lungs, f.ex., your outcome could have been much worse. Glad to hear you'er better now. :)

2. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Redd Foxx used to say in his standup routine that someday all those joggers would be in the hospital dieing of nothing!

I like to tell people that my hour a day on the elliptical trainer won't make me live longer - but it seems that way.

Seriously, exercise and healthy eating might not extend you life much, but the quality of your later years will be much better. Keep up the good work!

3. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Or a gall bladder-ectomy! Gees, the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life! And I delivered three babies with no drugs! :fear:

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Jeesus, Pat. Thanks for sharing that. I doubt I will be able to sleep again for fear I'll wake up and go thru that. Maybe I should just end it now.

5. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

PATSPARKS - OMG DOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the rest it's dude............that's a lot of gut wrenching information...............man, i can feel the pain just about 7,000 miles away........................................it's time to have a cold one..........................then about a gallon of water.

6. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

You might want to check out the supplement MK-7. The full name is menaquinone-7, and it is one of the components of vitamin K2. It takes calcium out of the arteries, and puts it back into the bones. I'm guessing that it might also reduce the supply of calcium available to form those calcium oxalate stones.

And 8 glasses of water a day helps keep the surgeon away...:eek:

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium

Only mothers, can say whether a kidney stone compares to labor pains. Two of the nurses in the hospital (mothers) told me (as tho it would somehow comfort me :() that their child birth ordeal(s) were pale, in comparison to their kidney stones. And labor seldome goes on for over 24 hours ... so by the 3rd, 4th, 5th day ... you're ready to cry ... not knowing how much longer.

Oh, and patsparks ~ you put more detail into YOUR kidney stone memory than I thought would be appropriate, but yea, those were similar symptons.

8. Oconomowoc

Oconomowoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have seen many people in pain but kidney stones tops them all, except for the guy that had the kidney stone/testicular torsion combo. That was BIG pain. The Doctor had to grab the err..twins and pull on them like he was starting an old Evinrude to untwist them.