1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exhaust Bracket (?) replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Fraaz, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Fraaz

Fraaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings...newbie here. '09 Prius bottomed out last week (oops...) and twisted up the bracket that runs the exhaust system in the center of the car...see photo taken from this site. Pretty visible and obvious...(can't find part name/number). Tore one side totally out of the frame. Consequently, exhaust now bumps and rattles on said bracket. I removed the bracket this morning to get a look (photo). What is the function (and part number?) of this and how badly and/or quickly do I need to replace it?

Attached Files:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The function of that bracket is to provide some rigidity to the body.

Since it tore out, were the body mounting points and the mating holes for the mounting bolts damaged?

I looked at the AutoNation Toyota Gulf Freeway (Houston, TX) parts website but could not find that bracket after a few minutes of looking around. If you also cannot find it, you might bring that bracket to your local dealer's parts dept counter and see if the parts clerk can be more successful. Good luck.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If this is from an 09, I might be able to get you this part off my totalled 08 parts car. You still have to check if the body mounting points are damaged....to see if a new part can be mounted securely