1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Experiences when purchasing Prius wanted...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by steviet, Jul 13, 2006.

1. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steviet @ Jul 13 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]285859[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered a #4 package last Saturday from a dealership in south Florida. I had done a ton of research on the car, not only on this forum, but consumer reports, and every internet avenue I could find. I talked to a friend up north who has been in the car business for 30 years....When I got to the dealership I knew what price I SHOULD be able to pay, what accessories were way over priced and a general idea of what to expect. My salesman passed my test of questions, and then proceeded to tell me what he could do for me within the confines of what I wanted, not what he wanted to sell me. We decided to order a car. The reason...while he had 8-10 Prius's sitting right there and another 10 coming in, none were exactly what I wanted..He did some research on his computer and found a few magnetic gray/gray interior vehicles on the ship coming over to this country..He told me that as long as the car is at sea, they can make changes to the accessories...Once they are in port they have to be accesorized the way they were initially ordered, whether by Toyota or by a customer. So, I nabbed one of them.He tells me my vehicle was actually set to go to North Carolina, but he called them and they made a switch so that I could get the car I wanted quicker. My delivery date is in ten days...He sent me an email with my VIN and confirmed the price, accessories, etc. I don't know if I am allowed to give you his name and cell phone on this site, but he tells me that his dealership literally sells the Prius all over the country. And because their allotment is so high, the wait time is very reasonable. Of course, being the pragmatist, let me wait ten days and actually get delivery at the price agreed and then all that I say is golden. If anyone wants his cell phone number I would be happy to give it to you. My email is [email protected] Feel free to contact me...and no, I am not in the car business and he is not my cousin, brother, etc. He is just a straight forward guy who didn't pull any punches. He treated my wife and I very professionally and we are happy with the way he conducted his business. Hopefully, those who have had poor experiences will have a better one.... Someone, perhaps a moderator, could let me know if I am allowed to post his name and cell phone on this site. I don't want to do anything that is not within the rules.

2. tazman

tazman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Wow, must be nice to be able to shop around. I'm in Hawaii and all the Toyota dealers here are under the same dealer name, so they all share whatever cars come in. I test drove on the 8th and put my name and $100.00 in for a base Seaside Pearl that was coming on the boat. I was told I could expect to take delivery sometime in late Aug. Got a call this past Wed that the shipment would be in the last week of July and the car should be ready the first week of Aug. I will be paying MSRP + doc, tax, lic fees, so $23,585.00 out the door. I was suprised that the car was not marked up as most dealers here mark ALL their cars up $2,000 to $3,000. Will post when I actually take the car home. After reading many posts here, I am really excited to get this car.

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tazman @ Jul 22 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]290355[/snapback]</div>
    Tazman, you should be excited. I am too. Talked to my dealer yesterday. He told me the car is now at port. Once there they have a 3 day window to get the cars to their dealerships..Figure one day to prep the car, Next day I should get it. He told me Tuesday looked good...In my mind i'm thinking Thursday just so I'm not disappointed if there is a day or two delay...I too, am excited. I'll post when I get it.. BTW, I have already gotten delivery on matching side body moulding parts, door edge protectors, Zaino waxing system, cargo mat (rubberized) for the hatch area, and a couple of other small accessories. Expecting BT stiffening plate and sun shade to come in soon, as well as MFD protection sheet and MFD hood. Have called around about window tinting and I think I have made my mind up on who I will be going to...Yeah, I guess I am excited too!!!! I may have taken that enthusiasm a little too far though.....I washed and waxed our other two cars!!! They look great.

4. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Jul 22 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]290406[/snapback]</div>
    From Hawaii, to Florida, to Massachusetts, we're all getting excited to get our new techno wonder vehicles! My Mag Grey #4 should be hitting NY port next week and I should have the car within the next 2-3 weeks.

ajs - Where did you get the door edge protectors and MFD protector sheet? I am going to order the side mouldings in a few days so I have them when the car is ready, I'm also interested in those two items though.

Steve

5. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steviet @ Jul 22 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]290407[/snapback]</div>
    Steve, the MFD hood was found on ebay as a buy it now item. The cost was 24.99 plus 6 shipping. Do advanced search under Prius Sun Hood. You will get approx 10 items. Scroll down half way down to an item that says 04-06 Toyota prius sun hood for your display. Manufactured by Prius hoods... Regarding the door protectors you can get the real expensive ones at sigma automotive or you can do what I did..I went to http://www.topoftheline.com/dooredgemolding.html They are $4.15 per pair.. I got both black as well as chrome. Not sure what would look better with magnetic gray, esp since I am putting metallic silver pinstriping on the vehicle. But I figured at that price I could get both and see how both looks. Hope this helps..

6. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jul 13 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]285903[/snapback]</div>

I guess I was lucky. When I went to the dealership (Central Florida Toyota), I told them I wanted a Magnetic Grey #5. I also ordered the leather and EFPC tires and wheels, which were done at the port. I was able to delete the mudflaps, and all the dealer options. I paid MSRP. I got everything I wanted. It took 30 days. I ordered it in May, during the feeding frenzy.

7. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Jul 22 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]290480[/snapback]</div>
    Stevie, how is the shark fin antenna working. I was going to order one and then I read where some where having significant reception problems.. What is your take on it, besides it looking cool.

8. mike_m

mike_m New Member

My sharkfin works great! I need to update pics. It looks so much better, and the reception seems to be really good. I live in Otown, and don't have a problem. But, most of the time I'm on Sirius, listening to Stern. I would rate the sharkfin a "ten".

9. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Jul 22 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]290593[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your feedback. I will probably order my shark fin from Danny. I am waiting for him to get back to me once the manufacturer of the decals gets back to him..With a magnetic gray exterior, metallic silver pinstripe, I wanted to get the Prius decal in metallic silver as well. Hopefully he can get it ordered and then I can get the shark fin at the same time...

10. tdub1974

tdub1974 New Member

I consider myself VERY lucky. There were 3 Prius on the lot when I went to buy mine and they seem to have consistently had at least one available on the lot every since.