1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Experiments with Google Docs

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bwilson4web, Jul 30, 2013.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Some of us have been collaborating on using Google Doc, spreadsheets to track "Top 20". For example, I just pasted in a URL to a test spreadsheet:

We don't want to cause any angst or surprises with the moderator team so I want to use this post to show what we've been able to accomplish.

Historically, a thread can be promoted to a "sticky" but the first post remains under editorship of the author and moderators. With Google Doc, we've found that "editing" can be shared which means if the document owner 'disappears', updates can continue. We don't know if ownership can be shared which would mitigate the 'single heart beat' problem.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a per-model sheet in each of the vehicle forums. We would recruit members to be editors so updates could remain current. As for ownership, I have no problem with giving ownership to other, responsible parties.

Thoughts, concerns, issues?

Bob Wilson

2. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The only point remaining is to decode the "media" tags to optimize the size and display options.

The original "["media=googlespreadsheet"]" is the only one that seems to work. I can't find a way to modify the display area . . . <grrrrr>

Bob Wilson

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I've reached a stopping point:
    • per model spreadsheets with two editors in addition to me:
      • Top Gen I - one entry and thread started
      • Top Gen II - two entries and thread started
      • Top Gen III - over a dozen and thread started
      • Top Prius c - six entries and thread started
      • Top Prius v - no entries and thread started
      • Top Plug-In Prius - no interest from the author of their top list
    • "Trophy" sheet with a graph driven by the top five lines of each of the first four sheets. Updating one of the per model sheets updates the "Trophy" sheet and graph
    Bob Wilson